Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOSCH Oil Filter Update

BOSCH Oil Filter Update

This may be old new to some of you, however, I went down to auto zone yesterday and noticed ALL of the BOSCH filters are no longer in Black or Grey boxes, and now the entire display are in BLUE boxes.
    so what you say? Well I opened many of them up to check the base to see if they were still upside down or inside out, and was pleasantly surprised that everyone I opened was once again correct.
    Maybe they found they could not correct the issue with the thicker O-ring, and decided to pull everything off the shelves before somebody sued 'em.

Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Oil Filter Update

Excellent - great info Igofar!

Say, I had a 1994 Mazda Miata which I sold last year and just found an oil filter for it - a genuine, Mazda OEM filter still shrink wrapped. It appears to be absolutely identical to the Honda ST1300 OEM filters I bought at my friendly neighbourhood dealer....

I looked really hard for differences and except for the colour and the labeling, they look absolutely identical. I don't recall what I paid for the Miata filter - and it is not about cost anyway, its just that there is no Honda dealer in my city and so having a local source is kind of handy. hmmmmm....

Anybody got any experience with using a Mazda (or other Japanese OE brand) filter on their ST?
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Bike
    2009 ST 1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Igofar you had me sweating bullets there for a moment. I just put a Bosch filter on over the weekend with my last oil change, all is well 200 miles later no worries.

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

I should also state that ALL oil filters should be checked at the time of purchase just to be safe regardless of what color box they are in just to be safe.
    Stefani brought a new Bosch 3300 over a couple weeks back, but it was found to be one of the defective ones.

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPete View Post

Say, I had a 1994 Mazda Miata which I sold last year and just found an oil filter for it - a genuine, Mazda OEM filter still shrink wrapped. It appears to be absolutely identical to the Honda ST1300 OEM filters I bought at my friendly neighbourhood dealer....

I looked really hard for differences and except for the colour and the labeling, they look absolutely identical. I don't recall what I paid for the Miata filter - and it is not about cost anyway, its just that there is no Honda dealer in my city and so having a local source is kind of handy. hmmmmm....

Anybody got any experience with using a Mazda (or other Japanese OE brand) filter on their ST?
    The BOSCH filters 3300 and 3323 both fit my ST1300, CRV, and Element. Check out the oil filter cross reference chart mellow provided and you'll find all kinds of information.
    My first two choices (both made by champion labs) are the Mobil M1-110 or the Bosch 3300 (for bikes) and 3323 for cages. (meaning I use the shorter, factory length one on bikes, and the longer on on my cars)
    Last edited by Igofar; 05-18-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Thanks - great info!

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

I use the Purolator 14610 on both my Acura TSX, ST1300, and on my sister's Silver Wing. Whenever I see a large % off advert for Advance Auto, I order up a few and pick them up later.

Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPete View Post

I buy and use Honda 15400-PLM-A01 auto filters. In bulk from places like H & A Accessory they are about $5 and they fit all my Honda cars and motorcycles and also my Miata.

Dave

Honda ST1300
    Honda NC700XD
    BMW R1200RT

Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: BOSCH Oil Filter Update

Superb - I'll check the p/n on it and likely will use it.

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: BOSCH Oil Filter Update

I picked up a couple of 3300's last week at 0'Reilly's and they were the correct style. I opened the box to make sure, before I bought them.

John
    '06 ST1300 '08 GL1800 '13Wee

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast