[h=6]Type of Entity[/h] Corporation
[h=6]Business Management[/h]
  • Mr. James W. Osborn, President

[h=6]Contact Information[/h]
  • Mr. Jim Osborn, Owner

[h=6]Business Category[/h]
  • Motorcycles - Dealers
See More Business Categories

[h=6]Products & Services[/h] The company offers the sale and service of Honda motorcycles, ATV's, scooters and personal watercraft in addition to parts and accessories.
[h=6]Alternate Business Names[/h]
  • Osborn Enterprises, Inc

This is what I found so far and will get back with you on the rest sometime in the near future. Working through Tuesday then heading to Texas for a week.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
There ya go!

I have always felt that when you aren't properly treated by a business, don't just gripe about it - DO something about it.

The best thing to do is write a polite, factual, calm but firm letter and send it to the owner of the business. He may be a rich bigshot who lives in another state now, but at one point he was a young guy with a dream who loved bikes. He won't like what he reads and it may prompt some action. I have had a number of experiences where that approach did prompt a positive action.

If it does - then great and if it doesn't, then we'll all have clear confirmation that when travelling through Nashville TN - don't bother stopping at Cool Springs Motorsports because they are unwilling to earn your business. The other issue is the disappointing conduct of Suzuki on the issue of the bad staters. Hmmmmm.

Any bites on my question about the SV650 as a lightweight alternative?

Cheers and Happy Easter everyone!

Pete

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I'm not upset at Suzuki, in general. Mostly upset with this dealer. Recalls happen, and this recall is worldwide, not just in the U.S. I'm mainly disappointed in the lack of professionalism at the dealer.

Pete, I wanted the DL650 for some dirt roads with creek crossings in my local area.

Ride Safe
John

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I hear you Andrew. Always to the right thing or at the least attempt to. We are all human and fallible but when you don't even try, that is the problem. I may be a foolish idealist that has been burned by this a time or two but hope more will try to do it.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I'm not upset at Suzuki, in general. Mostly upset with this dealer. Recalls happen, and this recall is worldwide, not just in the U.S. I'm mainly disappointed in the lack of professionalism at the dealer.

Pete, I wanted the DL650 for some dirt roads with creek crossings in my local area.

Ride Safe
John
I got a buddy of mine that lives down in Franklin that has got me to thinking along those lines too though he is doing more dirt biking. Good luck and hope to run into you before too long if work will cooperate on some of the weekends.

Bike
R1200rt
This forum should list all dealers and rate them A+ to F... Like an "Angies List" Click on the dealer and read the reviews. My wife had good results posting negative reviews on Facebook.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Good idea! Run it by Mellow and see what he thinks.

This forum should list all dealers and rate them A+ to F... Like an "Angies List" Click on the dealer and read the reviews. My wife had good results posting negative reviews on Facebook.

OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
The dealer called Saturday afternoon and I trailered the bike this morning. An hour and a half later, I was on my way home. There was a different guy in the service department this morning and he was as polite and helpful as you could hope for, just the opposit of the last one I talked to.

They must be selling a few. A truck was dropping off 13 bikes, while I was there.

Ride Safe
John

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Glad to hear John and that you are back up and running! They evidently have had some changes down there as a girl use over the service department (on the non Honda side) I happened to think. This is especially good to hear as I went up the Fort Donelson to kill some time the the other day and my ABS light flashed a few times and will probably need to take it down for a check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom