VFR 750

Bike
1997 ST 1100 GL1800
STOC #
@STing , do you still have the 3rd Gen VFR? Mind asking, how long it took you to do all of these ST11 mods(and cost)? That's one HELL of a bike :D

That 8 spoke wheel is JUST impressive!!!
IMG_0999.JPG
Here's a nice side view, if you look close, she has has a center stand. Quite a Unicorn.
I probably spent a month off and on getting everything done. I bought throttle, clutch, and front brake lines from eBay. They're all used ST1100 parts. As for cost, I had the bags, and windshield. I bought them in a $ 100 package deal years ago when I bought a set off rear police crash bars for my ST1100. The audiovox was bought from a fellow member for $100 unused. The center stand cost $115 used. I had the pegs and lowers from my ST, when I put goldwing pegs on it. I traded a Beretta 92 plus $ 200 for the bike. It had 21,000 miles on it but the young man was tired of it blowing fuses. Turns out it had a bad wire in the main loom, I bypassed the short. About 20 minute cure. Sometimes you just get lucky. But I knew the bike would part out for a profit if I couldn't get it figured out.

I don't have a photo but she also has a dashboard just above the instrument cluster with 2 USB plugs, a 12 volt outlet and digital voltmeter.

The plastics on the older bikes I have seen so far are pretty rough, I don’t want to spend a lot on a paint job and replacement parts are getting harder to come by. This is a picture of the bike posted today, it looks pretty solid mechanically but has lots of scuffs. I like the fact it’s somewhat of a buyers market. I found a nice 98 model but they want $4000.
I have no idea about your location, but $4K is a lot of money even for a heavily modded 5th Gen VFR- it won't sell quick. Yes, plastics are getting harder to find, though not as difficult as for 3rd and 4th Gen - they are getting very rare(and expensive).

I think I’ll either buy one of the Gen 5s for around 2k or a 2007 or later VTEC. If it wasn’t so far away the one in Detroit looks promising. I found a nice silver 03 model in Durham, a dealer has it for around $3800. The prices seem to be all over the place.

Top Bottom