Surface mount waterproof Connectors for Battery Chargers or Gerbing bits :)

Bike
Honda ST1300/2
Hi :) How to cut a long story short?... :)

I have an Optimate connector hanging outside the right hand side of the bike and a Gerbing connector hanging out the other. Now they are marking the sides of the bike, so in my infinite wisdom I thought!! "how about we put a surface mount waterproof socket on the sides, so that it would saves the paint work?", the problem is... Which one? and does anyone have one installed and do they work ok?

Any help is always appreciated :)

Cheers
Glen :06biker::06biker::06biker:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I charge the battery and run heated gear and my tire pump through a pair of BMW/Deere/Powerlet sockets. If your bike is old enough not to have the side cover where the suspension adjuster is, Powerlet makes a bolt-on panel that puts a pair of them down by your left leg. Mine's been on there since 2004 and they work great. Powerlet was nice enough to customize the wiring to my needs for a few extra dollars.

--Mark

OP
OP
Glencmp
Bike
Honda ST1300/2
Thanks Mark, that sounds good :) You wouldn't have a link to where I could get one do you?? Im in the UK but ill soon hunt for it :)
Cheers
Glen

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-vehicle/1/honda-st1300-pan-european/product/honda-st1300-2002-2007-dual-rear-kit/141/378

Various Powerlet plugs, adapters and cables are on sale at Powerlet Canada, but they don't have that particular kit. I purchased a couple of outlets I plan to mount on the bodywork, one at the back under the passenger handle for the missus' heated gear and one somewhere on the left sidecover for my heated gear. I bought heated jackets and glove liners from the same site on sale.

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
If you want SAE plug, same as the battery tender, you can get surface mount at RV shops, search for roof mount SAE. Not the prettiest, cheap and works. Powerlet will sell you one as well, a little more upscale and rather expensive.
If you want Coax surface mount, Warm&Safe sells a surface mount brass with cap... and some Powerlet (BMW) options.

OP
OP
Glencmp
Bike
Honda ST1300/2
I do like that!! I'll have a hunt for this in the UK, I've just ordered a waterproof DIN on eBay, but I'll stick this on as well if I can get it :)

Top Bottom