I did this today

Bike
2012 ST1300
2016 Yamaha FJR1300 ES. Couldn't pass up the deal Now I have both. I can argue with myself on which one is the best. Love both the ST and the FJR Now I am set for a few hundred thousand miles for a wile

Attachments

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Good looking scooter...you'll wear out your foot more shifting to that sixth gear....I would bet the ST ends up sitting long periods of time, the FJR is just such a hoot to ride...love mine........congrats......ff

Hello,

Would you be willing to share your experience and describe the main differences between the bikes. I am looking to purchase either of the 2. I am 5'10 with an 30 inch inseam. I am looking for the difference in seating position, reach to the ground for maneuvering (dropped my Africa Twin several times from a standstill and uneven ground/single track). I have read the ST turns into the corners easier and the FJR needs to be manhandled a little more making the ST a more effortless ride in twisties? I am thinking an FJR with bar risers and setting in "soft" and comparing that to the ST. Are they pretty close? Also, wind protection for riding all winter and road noise will be contributing factors. Thanks in advance.

Ron

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Wow, nice! But how to decide which one to ride... :think1:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats on a very nice bike! I look forward to hearing your compression of both bikes after you have spent enough time on your new one.
It is shame the ST did not get all the upgrades the FJR got.

Top Bottom