Headlight adjuster broken

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
Help ! Help ! The knob that operates the headlight does work , rotates ,clicks but the lights do not move up and down . Any body have any ideas ?? cheap fix or expensive ? thanks for any help.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
you likely need a new headlight adjusting motor. They are known to burn out with age and even without much use. Mine is done,,, but I have not been missing it. Pricing last year at Partzilla was $55.us. Or from Honda Canada was $160.cdn (what a rip !!). Cat'

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Just replaced mine, $53 and you have to remove the plastic and headlight to install.
Jeff, it is possible to remove and replace it without removing any plastic or headlight (search the article section and or threads to find it)
You can simply unscrew it and pull it backwards, then insert the new one, then carefully screw it back in.
Its about a 15 minute job.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Jeff, it is possible to remove and replace it without removing any plastic or headlight (search the article section and or threads to find it)
You can simply unscrew it and pull it backwards, then insert the new one, then carefully screw it back in.
That would have saved some time

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I'm assuming Igofar is double jointed with 8 inch long fingers.....sheesh, I can barely get my hand up there to change a bulb, and my hands aren't that big....

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Nope, standard sized zipper grabbers, its all in the angle of the attack :rofl1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just replaced mine, $53 and you have to remove the plastic and headlight to install.
The article in question
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?93071-ST1300-How-to-install-Headlight-Adjusting-Motor

Top Bottom