Brother Randy's New Africa Twin

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
My brother Randy pulled the trigger on a 2016 Africa Twin. He's been looking at them for 6 months or so, and decided to buy it last Saturday. He bought the 2016 instead of the 2017 so he could get the silver/black one. The 2017 only comes in red or racing version red/white/blue. He got the DCT model so he could get ABS, but also because he is starting to have issues with his hands (40+ years of painting power generating plants, breweries, houses, etc). The farkeling has begun with center stand, light bars, and Hondaline bags (the dealer will install free any accessories ordered at the time of purchase). This bike will replace his KLR650 and a smaller KLX250, but he's keeping his ST1300.
He generously asked me if I wanted to ride it when I visited him last Sunday, but it only had 64 miles on it and I'd hate to be the one to put the 1st scratch on it. After he gets it broken in, I'll take him up on his offer. If his bags come in time, he's going to ride it to the Georgia Spring Ralley on April 27. We both bought identical 2004 ST1300A's 12 years ago, and now I've contracted Africa Twin fever from him, so if Mrs Flyer doesn't threaten my life, I may start shopping myself.
Best regards,
Terry

Attachments

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Well, did you follow suite and get yourself an Africa Twin?

Top Bottom