Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do you LIKE me now?

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Re: How do you LIKE me now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blrfl
    Serious question: Would your opinion be any different if it was a "that's useful information" button?
    To quote many in the tech world— 'that's a great question'. And somewhat of a social experiment on social media. The 'Like' is seen as 'social' by some who consider 'social media' to be frivolous and something the kids are doing while playing on your lawn. Emojis are often seen the same way. Until there are relevant versions to individuals. LOL

For me the Like thing bugs me a little because of the 'shorthand' aspect. Something that some of the Internet and most all of texting engenders— lots of idiosyncratic abbreviations shorthand speech and incomplete sentences. Some people blame the internet for the dumbing down of grammar. I've a toe or two in that camp so yes a complete sentence would be preferable to 'Like'. So that's how I'll think of it.

I wish the sentence the precedes the names in the 'Like' window was smaller and not bold. Or that may be an artifact of my browser. I'll adjust to it all. Eventually.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    1999 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Blrfl View Post
    I have a secret for you: Forums like this one are, by definition, social media.

Serious question: Would your opinion be any different if it was a "that's useful information" button?

--Mark
    Yea, I know.

And no.
    1999 ST1100
    1991 ST1100
    1980 Yamaha XS1100

Can we have a safe space where comments can't be judged? There are always snowflakes out there !!

Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Hey how do I post a question ...I have only figured out how to reply to stuff
    Davey1965........)))

One day hoping to hear....."Well done my good and faithful servant"

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1965 View Post
    Hey how do I post a question ...I have only figured out how to reply to stuff
    Right now you've replied within a thread. To post you need to be outside of a thread viewing all the threads within a given forum. At the top of this thread's page you'll see ForumMain CategoryNews How do you LIKE me now?
    The Forum is News and the thread is How do you LIKE me now?

If you click on News you'll be in the News forum but not in any one thread. Do this in different Forum and look for Post New Thread on the lower left under all the existing threads and fire away. We can't post a thread in News as it's Admin Territory.

+ New Posts
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345