OP
Slydynbye

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Re: Help at DMV. Need ST1109 engine number location

Yeah i read that. But where? I have looked al around under the bike took off side covers, belly pan etc cant seem to find it

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A

According to my '98 ST owners manual, the VIN number "is on the safety
certification label attached to the left side of the steering head." I
looked, too... yep it's there. Hope it's in the same place on your '93.

I just cut and pasted this without thinking, it was a comment about looking for the engine number, not the VIN, but the person who answered the response didn't understand the question I guess.
It should be on a flat, probably facing upward on the rear of the engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slydynbye

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #

Well...... It's on a Flat part on the Bottom of the engine between the collector pipes just to the rear of the oil pan.
It won't be visible until you wipe away all the crud. :rolleyes:

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #

Well...... It's on a Flat part on the Bottom of the engine between the collector pipes just to the rear of the oil pan.
It won't be visible until you wipe away all the crud. :rolleyes:
at first I thought that was an odd location, then it occurred to me that they may have put it there because it would be difficult to access if your goal was to try to alter the numbers.

Found it. The previous descriptions got me to close in on it. It is on a flat, aft of the two aft oil pan bolts, between the pipes. The stamped numbers are on a horizontal flat facing the ground. You would have to slide under the bike to read it correctly so read with a mirror the image will appear backward. Engine number example SC26E-2201xxx. Now I get to go stand in line again just to wait for the crabby woman to tell me that I need something else.

OP
OP
Slydynbye

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #

Found it. The previous descriptions got me to close in on it. It is on a flat, aft of the two aft oil pan bolts, between the pipes. The stamped numbers are on a horizontal flat facing the ground. You would have to slide under the bike to read it correctly so read with a mirror the image will appear backward. Engine number example SC26E-2201xxx. Now I get to go stand in line again just to wait for the crabby woman to tell me that I need something else.
I just snapped a shot with my Phone instead of sliding under the Bike

TMF

Bike
1992 Honda ST1100
For an ST1100 - lay on the right side of the bike with your feet towards the front and head somewhere around the right footpeg. Look from underneath upwards to see the rear of the drain pan. Just to the rear of the drain pan is a flat area with the number covered by oil and dirt. The engine number is pointing directly down at the ground. This picture taken with a camera basically laying on the ground and pointing straight up.

Attachments

Top Bottom