Looking For Advise Please On GPS Tracking To Share Routes

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else. I do a fair bit of traveling but I've always been a map guy and don't use GPS.

My question is if someone can suggest a device (dedicated GPS type or smartphone, etc) and/or software that can record where I'm riding so that I can then transfer my route easily to another rider for them to travel the same route on their own?

I am aware of SPOT conceptually as a tracking method. Can that be used to record a route for someone else to download to their GPS and use.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Charlie

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
If you're okay with an android phone, check out mytracks from the playstore.

Bike
2010 ST1300
There is also an app for the iPhone. When I looked at it, you have to enable tracking (obviously) and the company gets to do whatever they want with whatever information they can collect about you. Sure, everyone does it, but these guys are pretty upfront about telling you that. I opted out.

OsmAnd app ( http://osmand.net/features?id=trip-recording-plugin ) allows you to record your tracks on your phone....Bubler will record your tracks (when you tell it to) and post it online. Bubler requires cell coverage if you plan on using a phone. However it will store up to 200 (i believe) points and then upload them when you get cell coverage (data required). Both are free.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moto-Charlie

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far - I appreciate it. I have a Samsung Note 4 Android phone, so that might a viable tool to use. I'll check out all the suggestions.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Another app for android - Locus and Locus Pro. It's pretty good at down/uploading tracks. Free version includes ads. The pro only cost $7 when I bought it and I got all the USA and Mexico maps included in that price.

Top Bottom