Mick-O-Pegs

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Thanks to a forum member (St. Philip), I now have a set of Mick-O-Pegs on my bike. Here's what I think about them.

They offer a position to stretch my leg outs on those long highway runs, but I don't feel confident using them in traffic because it takes a moment to get your feet back on the stock pegs.. They're strong enough to support my legs,but they do have some flexibility and won't be good on bumpy roads where you might want to unweight your butt.

I ride pretty conservatively, but even so, I can't imagine them touching down when they're in the stowed position. I do see some scrapes from the previous owner, but I suspect he was using them in the twisties. I will not be.

I think it's a better position than the MCL pegs, but the MCL pegs are probably stiffer. So, like most things, it's a personal preference.

Bike
2010 st1300abs
About two days ago, I sent an email to them inquiring about the pegs for my 1300. The next day, I got a reply from them that they are, indeed available.

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
About two days ago, I sent an email to them inquiring about the pegs for my 1300. The next day, I got a reply from them that they are, indeed available.
That's odd. They never replied to my email and their phone number was out of service

If they're still in business, they're certainly not trying to make a living at it.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Anyone in So California have these pegs on? I'd really like to see if they'd work for me before putting out that much $.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Seems they have heavy duty and regular. Heavy duty raises the pegs higher from what I can tell. Price is $329. As I look at them they do not seem to move your knees or feet that much forward. http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/page26.php http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/page54.php
The heavy duty doesn't raise the pegs higher, they have a stronger spring to accommodate heavier pegs to lift the pegs as high as they're supposed to be when stowed.

And you're right, they don't move your feet very far forward, but my shins are already bumping the fairing so I don't think they could have been designed otherwise. As for me, I was looking more for pegs that would let me stretch my legs and unbend my knees. These do help, but there's nothing like just getting off the bike and walking around for a few minutes.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
but there's nothing like just getting off the bike and walking around for a few minutes.
+1! I've used my MCL Blades a couple of times. They're not as convenient as the MOPegs but they do help— to a point. So does standing up on the factory pegs— to a point. But a short walk n stretch is the ticket. Now that one of my riding buddies has a Sena it's easy to organize a break.

Top Bottom