What the ??? Honda Neowing

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Re: What the ???

What's to be aghast about? Honda is trying to grab a piece of the 3 wheel market. The Can Ams are a fairly common site. It give guys a chance to "ride" who may not be physically capable of handling 2 wheels.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350

Jeez, the translation from Japanese to English sure leaves something to be desired!

Bike
2006 ST1300

While it IS a bit unusual looking, it's not much moreso than the Can-Am Spyder. Two of my clients have those, and after being around them a while, I no longer think of them as being way weird. Yes, it'd take a bit of getting used to, but compared to the Spyder , pricewise, I think it is a bargain. I know the Spyders are very maintenance intensive, and prone to failures....I would be willing to wager the Neowing is not.
Not for me, until I get MUCH older.

Bike
03 ST1300A
I think it's from the same team that are working on the F1 motors for McLaren they don't know what they are doing!

Bike
2012 ST1300
Man, you guys are tough! I think its pretty cool. Not like a Can-Am at all. This thing looks like it will handle a lot like a bike. The Can-Am does not. If, or when, I can't ride a bike I would consider one of these.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
maybe I'm just getting too old ?
That usually the problem. It's almost always a younger generation that can refrain from becoming aghast and/or apoplectic when something is no longer the way it was.

Sometimes I think the reluctance to let go of the past is an attempt not to go gently into that good night as you near mortality.

I'm not crazy about the design but I don't hate it either. My pulse doesn't change a beat and I wouldn't mind riding one to at least check it out.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The Can Ams are a fairly common site.
As the kidz say I just smh when I hear someone say 'I'd quit riding before I'd ride a Can-Am. Poseurs.

Not like a Can-Am at all.
This ^. The Neowing (does sound like a comic book superhero) has articulated suspension so it leans which is something I'd look for if I couldn't ride a convention bike. I have nothing against the Can-Am but it does nothing for me.

I think the Neowing could grow on me. I'd like to try one out just for the fun of it.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300

It's not the 3 wheels at all , it's the styling of it .
Understood. But stylng is subjective anyway. The old quote comes to mind, something about one man's trash is another nan's treasure.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
No thanks to the Neowing or the Can Am. When I get too feeble to handle a bike I'll get a convertible sports car.

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
" Like the numerous other principle, Honda revealed, the Neowing furthermore looks incredibly progressed along with something right out of a superhero flick "
can i get something that doesn't look like it came out of a comic book

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Japanese motorcycle company contracts writing their ads/presss releases out to the Chinese now???
English Please!!!

Bike
R1200rt
Man, you guys are tough! I think its pretty cool. Not like a Can-Am at all. This thing looks like it will handle a lot like a bike. The Can-Am does not. If, or when, I can't ride a bike I would consider one of these.
When it get to the point that you can't ride a bike any longer, it's because you physically can't handle it which makes it just as dangerous to ride or your reflex and mental actions are slowed to the point that it would be also dangerous to drive one. Look at the elderly accident stats in Florida. Buy a convertible !!!!

TPadden

Tom Padden
These replies mostly demonstrate exactly why Honda neglects and abandoned the ST customer base like the plague. I've compared it to the wailing and gnashing of teeth by BMW Airhead dinosaurs of the 80's and 90's: "Simple by Choice" :eek:4: - they've mostly, thankfully died off; and BMW remains.

Shorter reply: I like it :D.

Longer short reply as a question: Keith, an inch at a time or all in one whack? :eek:

Tom

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Unlike most of you posting here, the CanAm Spyder was a blast to ride, as my buddy has one and I took it for a rip or 5. Someone here, and I wont quote him, said maintenance issues on the CanAm. Please post your references on here to validate such a fictional statement. I have owned Bombardier products since I was very young and have had no more issues than any other mechanical piece out there. As for my buddies Spyder, this is his second, the first one he traded after 140k and not a single issue, this one no problems to date, unlike our ST family with all the coolant leaks, FI issues, speed wobbles and other known issues. I love my ST1300 and would only consider a GL to trade but anyone out there who rides a non cage machine of some sorts is alright by me. Anyways back to the post, yes the styling is initially a shocker, but I think most new bikes are until they grow on you. Might be worth a try on the Honda Demo days just for an experience before our rides have 4 wheel and we are being pushed around the seniors lodge by a nurse.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
BMW motorcycles as brand remain because they are important to the image of the group. If the bike division had to pay their way they would have died off 35 years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom