What the ??? Honda Neowing

TPadden

Tom Padden
BMW motorcycle remain because they are important to the image of the group. If bikes had to pay their way they would have died off 35 years ago.
Dave,
You just won't give up. I've asked before - please ignore anything I post :please1::please1::please1: It seems my request is the only thing you choose to ignore.

Tom

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Al st1100 said:
Buy a convertible !!!!
Because reflexes and mental actions are irrelevant? And we want a person lacking these behind the wheel of a car because— why?

A common reason to give up a motorcycle and get a car (???) is because of the inability to hold up a heavy beast. Such a person is not automatically also bereft of sufficient reflex and mental acuity. Neowings and Can-Ams are a convertible with one less wheel and the top always down.

Myself I've never been a ragtop man. I'd sooner take the i-Road.

[video=youtube;--pFG3D5OEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pFG3D5OEk[/video]

[-]Hm. Video didn't embed.[/-]

A pic instead:

Last edited:

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
Not crazy about the transformer-esque styling, but I've changed my mind before about things I initially found unattractive. I believe the current fascination with sharp edges and flat surfaces is a fad that will end when the next "Bold New Styling" makes an appearance.
Functionally it looks like a development of the Piaggio MP3 500, which itself looks like it would be a blast to ride.
From a practical viewpoint it looks like two could be parked in the space of one Can-Am. I've ridden Can-Am's, and they are fun, but one takes as much garage space as a car.
As I age, the ST1300 seems to be gaining weight right along with me. The fact that we have had two ST1300's, consecutively over the years, for when my lovely wife doesn't want to ride her own bike, makes me acutely aware of the apparent (but non-existent) weight gain of the ST1300. My wife had total replacement knee surgery three months ago, and is questioning both her abilities to handle her '93 CB750 and the wisdom of continuing to be a Rider. So, a simple parking lot drop by either of us could have serious consequences for her. Point in favor of the Neowing.
Neither of us live our lives based on what "might" happen. We do, however, attempt to mitigate the risks. ATGATT comes to mind. A new set of Bohn Armor pants now graces her Ridin' gear closet. If we decide that two wheels are no longer worth the risk due to the inevitable effects of aging, just on our strength, something like a Neowing (or two) would keep us Ridin' for a long time to come.
BONUS: looks like dark side is no longer an issue on that back wheel:grin:.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dave,
You just won't give up. I've asked before - please ignore anything I post :please1::please1::please1: It seems my request is the only thing you choose to ignore.

Tom
Tom, I haven't posted to reply to you in a long time in case you hadn't noticed. I slipped up, gosh darn it.

I seek progress, not perfection. A thousand apologies.

Bike
08 VFR800, 17 CB1100
I like it. I remember when I saw a Spyder for the first time and thought *** because it looked so outrageous. Now.... yawn, ho hum. This thing however looks like it came directly from the set of a syfy movie. Could definitely see a posse of Cylons cruising around on something like this. If you are the shy-type and don't like people staring, then this is not for you. When the time comes that I'm ready for something like this I hope Honda will include some sort of a bracket/holder where I can secure my Zimmer frame after I climb onboard.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Even though a company in the USA (Persu) tried, after buying the rights, they never got off the ground with a revised, Dutch designed, Carver. It would have been my choice for a three wheeler. I think Jay Leno has one of the original Carvers.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Aside from the sharp angles for the anime set, I think it looks like more fun than a Spyder, but I would give both of them a try. I know they are not every one's cup of tea, but then neither is an ST.

And the Quadro 4 thing looks worth a go too. That is some serious lean angle for a 4-wheeler and that parking on the curb thing blew my mind.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I like it. Maybe more horsepower for the long haul. It's a great choice for someone who wants a MC experience without having to learn all the skills required.

I've had hard experience with maintenance issues with the wife's 2013 Cam Am spyder; including torque errors in the service manual that cost me dearly. That syder is fun though. I would wager that this Honda would be less trouble.

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
I love it.
The huge difference is this thing leans like a motorcycle which is totally lost on anything else.
And like the Piaggio MP3 (since 2003) its front end is very stable and hard to lose in a hard turn. Think cobblestone street type surfaces.
I would love to test ride one of these. But I don't think it would sell well enough to get into production especially the US market.

Top Bottom