Fly and ride and fly back? Bike rentals

Bike
07 ST1300
Over Christmas my girl and I want to fly somewhere, rent a bike and fly back. Any ideas on where to go are welcome. We are in CT so maybe western Florida to start?
This would be motel camping as well. Thanks
Jim

Bike
2010 ST1300
Whatever you do, don't fly the Unfriendly skies of United. Despite the fact that I have a sister in Florida that I would like to see, I would go first to California - more national parks, gorgeous scenery and fabulous rides. That's not to say you won't find attractions in Fla, this is my preference only.

Sorry, I have no knowledge of who rents bikes or where.

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
End of December weather? SoCal. Hit up EagleRider for rentals and have fun. That said, we did Christmas in Miami visiting our kid and I rode to Key West and back one day on a rental StreetGlide.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
You could fly to New Zealand and rent and ride. The U.K. would be a little 'chilly' for riding during Christmas. ;-) But doing it over Christmas I would think you would be pretty much 'safe' in Southern CA as far as riding goes. You might be fine staying on highway 1 up to the CA border, but I don't know for sure. Ashley or Dave could give you the 'inside' scoop on riding in Florida that time of year.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Wife and I did 3 fly-ride-fly trips out west and rented from Escape Eagles in Las Vegas. Very nice folks to deal with. We got a GL1800, and and went a different direction each time. Once over to Cali, and twice over to Arizona and NM. We WILL do it again, was a load of fun!

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
You can certainly ride here in Florida year round. We do. Dave and I would be happy to show you around north Florida. Maybe ride down to the keys and back up the west coast of Fla like Bob and Cheryl did this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JimGregory
Bike
07 ST1300
Wife and I did 3 fly-ride-fly trips out west and rented from Escape Eagles in Las Vegas. Very nice folks to deal with. We got a GL1800, and and went a different direction each time. Once over to Cali, and twice over to Arizona and NM. We WILL do it again, was a load of fun!
I like this idea. Seems Laurie does want to go to Arizona which I didnt know. There is a bunch of America I have not seen. Just work and work has been the first 60 years of my life. (yes I had a job when I was 2. Brat first class) Only recently started traveling.
I also like the wing idea. Hmm.
Seen the right coast. Seen the left coast. Seen the Texas coast. Seen some of Canadia Eh. Have not seen much of the middle and mid west. OK none of it. Need WARM though.
I like the Ashley idea mostly just to meet him and Dave. I have twice done South Carolina rentals and rode down into Florida though. Used to live in Daytona. For a little while anyway.
I like the Phil ideas as well but being on a plane long enough to grow old and die is out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimGregory
Bike
07 ST1300
I did a fly and ride in AZ. Rented a Hrley Road King from Scottsdale Harley Davidson. Great folks! Great bike!
I rented an ultra classic which was very nice. Also rented a heritage special which was awefull. That was all they had. Can't believe they even sell them.
Right now leaning towards escapeeagles.com in Vegas. For no particular reason. They do have wings for rent though.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have had very good success with Eagle rider and have signed up for their email specials. There are times closer to the dates that there are one way rides so they can get bikes moved, for a lot less than normal. Maybe that would prompt your destination, although I would think a ride in Florida, especially down the Keys would be a fantastic ride.

Bike
2004 ST1300
If our staff needs a seat, we will drag you off by your feet....
No, now they will pay you enough to buy a new bike if you give up your seat. I would be the first to volunteer.

I am also thinking of a trip in the long winter/early spring season of touring the southwest US. A 'wing would be very nice choice.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
No, now they MAY pay you UP TO enough to buy a new bike if you give up your seat. I would be the first to volunteer.
Fixed that for you.
I bet there are plenty of people that would give up a seat long before it got to the high numbers. I have.

Top Bottom