Robert M. Pirsig, Dead at 88

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
[cross-poSTing here]

Author of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", Robert M. Pirsig, dead at 88.

Here's some articles articles about it:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/books/robert-pirsig-dead-wrote-zen-and-the-art-of-motorcycle-maintenance.html?_r=0
(save yourself from ads and click on "Reader View Available" in the address bar)
http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/books/zen-art-motorcycle-maintenance-author-robert-pirsig-dead-n750486

I'll be reading what else I can find. And will have a conversation with my motorcycling Classics PhD son. We both have been affected by this book.

Requiescat In Pace Phaedrus

John

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Sounds like a good time to re-read it.........

Read it many years ago, and have used it to teach my daughter a lesson during her teens....:)

RIP

Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
My dad first gave me this book when I was in high school. I've read it about a dozen times and have a few copies at this point as well as Lila. Mr. Pirsig was able to take some rather complex ideas and present them in such a layered fashion that a reader who had never studied philosophy could keep up with the intellectual discussions without feeling out of place. Every time I've read it I took something different away from the book. Truly, this book helped shade who I am as an adult and for that I am grateful.

Thank you Mr. Pirsig. Thank you.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I tried to read it.... but could not finish it.
It may be a good book, but it was more than I could appreciate.
Maybe I am just too down-to-earth to understand him.

Bike
2006 St1300
If you are having a hard time reading it, go to YouTube and listen to the book. I have read the book many times but I always felt I got more out of the audio.

Top Bottom