Helmets Rain-X plastic

Bike
2007 ST1300
Has anyone tried the Rain-X for plastic on their helmet shield?

If so how does it work?

Also is it safe to use with most shields?

Thanks in advance.

Bike
2010 ST1300

If so how does it work?

Thanks in advance.
I've used it on my 1300's windshield. It is not great but ok. About as good as Novus 1 or any of the other 'polishes'/waxes whatever they really are. Don't know if it will attack the helmet shield, but so far, it has not bothered my windshield. I'm now using a milky fluid that is used by private plane owners to clean bugs and dirt off their plane's windshield. Marginally better. Probably exactly the same if we were to do a true comparison and eliminate subjective evaluations. Calsci sent me my new windshield with a bottle of cleaning juice - they said it was 50/50 standard windshield washer fluid and rain-x washer fluid.

The original Rain-x formulation was hands down magic. But it was for glass, only. I still have a bit of it, I've been meaning to try it on some scrap plexiglas to see what happens. Maybe turn it instantly opaque? Who knows?

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA

If so how does it work?

Thanks in advance.
Works great, well for about an hour and then needs re app. Not any better than pledge.

thekaz

haz gone feral
I use mothers plastic polish then regular car wax on both my shields and visors. Works awesome BUT only lasts a few weeks

Bike
ST1300 - Black
I like the Lemon Pledge idea, the bonus I think would be the smell of lemon's as you take off, after applying it.

Just thinking if I clean the inside of my face shield. That lemony smell would last longer.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13

If so how does it work?

Thanks in advance.
This was discussed before and I'll repeat myself here:

Rain-X for plastic works really well, in fact, it's almost as good as plain water.

If you were closer, I'd give you the rest of my bottle since I can't be bothered with it.

Top Bottom