OP
Reginald

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
What's cheaper?

Do you have one of those endoscope/cameras? Not sure if you can get one in there though.
Disassembly. No camera. Just have to remove the gas tank and airbox and see what's connected and what's not. Hopefully nothing trapped under the throttle bodies, in which case I would have to remove them again. Not looking forward to it.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Reginald, call me on the white courtesy :call: before you start ripping stuff apart again....I may be able to help.
Igofar

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Think I'll take it by the shop tomorrow and have them put it on a diagnostic tester.
A shop is going to do exactly the same thing you did to read the codes out of the ECM. Then they're going to lift the tank (no need to remove it, BTW), remove the air box and have a poke at the MAP sensor to see if the connector is attached properly. Save yourself the time and expense and do it yourself.

--Mark

OP
OP
Reginald

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Reginald, call me on the white courtesy :call: before you start ripping stuff apart again....I may be able to help.
Igofar
I'll PM you. I didn't keep the number. I'll call tomorrow, got stuff I need to do around the house today.

A shop is going to do exactly the same thing you did to read the codes out of the ECM. Then they're going to lift the tank (no need to remove it, BTW), remove the air box and have a poke at the MAP sensor to see if the connector is attached properly. Save yourself the time and expense and do it yourself.
Will do it myself. Thanks for saving me the money and frustration. Given my clumsy, mechanical self, I'll remove the gas tank. Raising the gas tank doesn't give me enough room to see into the throttle body well and work on it.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Will do it myself. Thanks for saving me the money and frustration. Given my clumsy, mechanical self, I'll remove the gas tank. Raising the gas tank doesn't give me enough room to see into the throttle body well and work on it.
It can be a PIA, BUT, no reason to let a shop work on something you can do yourself!

OP
OP
Reginald

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I think I found the problem. Can't believe I did that! :eek:: See the problem in photo below; that's what I saw after taking the airbox. Thanks for all the sage advice, If it weren't for ya'll, I'd have no hair.

Error Code Problem.jpg

Larry said i should shorten the vacuum hoses so, I am. Then I'm going to button this up and go for BBQ Saturday. I fixed her Spyder yesterday.

Hi guys,
Just to add. I replaced my alternator after lying my bike up for 4yrs (don’t ask).
I did exactly as above reading the text. Placed the tps plug on the map sensor. Threw a F1 code 8. Spent two days trying to figure out. After reading text I swapped plugs and she fired up perfect.
great information here.
regards from Ireland
Leo

Top Bottom