And, there she is...

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats on your new bike!
If you got any weather like I got here, I don't blame you for trailering your bike home.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I am taking care of two 2012 NC700X. A manual and a DCT. My daughter's bikes. I am really impressed by them. The only thing that I find disturbing with them is Honda's Rube Goldberg design on how the body panels go on. Whatever happened to simple panels held on with grommets and stabs on the back of the panels. Once you do it 3 times in a week it goes much faster but if you do it once in a while use YouTube videos and get a shop manual. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like mine except mine is not DCT. When I got mine I actually wanted the DCT but chickend out. Now that they are proven I'm regretting it. Trade-in for one may be in the future.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks guys I really appreciate it.
This morning I rode it to work (60 miles). As somebody mentioned, it does't take much to get used to DCT. It was very comfortable on interstate at 80 mph, as well as back roads. I really like it.
BUT!!! It sounds (and feels) a bit "tractorish"?!? When accelerate it would sound and feel like KLR - and I'm not talking about sudden, hard acceleration. I was all time in D, no "sporty" moves... Once it start cruising everything's ok, but with acceleration, sometimes even with the touch of throttle, it would feel ilke a little thumper... I REALLY hope I didn't buy a lemon... :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Afan

Afan

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
As somebody described on NC forum, it's like you are in the higher gear then you should be and the engine start lugging. If it's happening often in D does it means the "settings" is not ok?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
It's really not lugging as the DCT is programmed to not allow that but it is a 270 crank parallel twin with an offbeat power delivery. Down low it throbs a bit. Of course down low is 1800-2200 rpm or 1000 rpm or 2000 less than we are used to. Try using S or overriding D by thumbing down 1 gear when accelerating just a little or a lot.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
It's really not lugging as the DCT is programmed to not allow that but it is a 270 crank parallel twin with an offbeat power delivery. Down low it throbs a bit. Try using S or overriding D by thumbing down 1 gear when accelerating just a little or a lot.
I'll test it as soon as possible. Thanks Dave.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
New toys are fun. Bringing it to LocSTOC?

Greg
Most likely not coming to LocSTOC. Leaving for California with other guys on May 26th, getting home on June 11th... Not sure my but's gonna agree with riding a couple days later again... :D
Just kidding... I would really like to do that but no vacation days left. Eventually to leave on Friday after work or Saturday early in the morning... And hope my wife is not going to kill me... :D

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
they wheel around the garage so easily compared to the ST.
If I had that kind of room I'd have a second bike and if I had a second bike that would be a big metric in the decision making process!

And by that I mean a CB1100ex would be a lot easier to wheel around.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I just put a DanMoto slip on exhaust system with the baffle for 150. Sounds great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom