Adjusting Fuel Reading

Bike
04 ST1300
Maximum fuel volume is somewhere in the 7.2 to 7.4 gallons range as reported by many who've run out of gas.

Honda's 7.7 gallon claim just isn't accurate

I agree. There is a high chance the spec is not correct. This makes sense also because based on the experiences of many people including myself, 7.3 is the most anyone has filled. I'm putting this to rest.

Bike
04 ST1300
Maximum fuel volume is somewhere in the 7.2 to 7.4 gallons range as reported by many who've run out of gas.

Honda's 7.7 gallon claim just isn't accurate

I agree. There is a high chance the spec is not correct. This makes sense also because based on the experiences of many people including myself, 7.3 is the most anyone has filled. I'm putting this to rest.
Using 7.3 gallons as a reference point and 1.3 gallons when the flasher comes on, would mean roughly 6 gallons of fuel. That makes somewhat sense based on the mpg display.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
T_C said:
I pushed it over a mile, uphill for a bit, full gear...
No snow? :grin: Seriously I would have popped green smoke and waited for an evac. No way I could get more than a few feet on level ground.

The one time I did push was on flat land with 'three bars' of gas (gas cap dogs failed/key broke when trying to fuel) and it was no fun whatsoever.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
No snow? :grin: Seriously I would have popped green smoke and waited for an evac. No way I could get more than a few feet on level ground.

The one time I did push was on flat land with 'three bars' of gas (gas cap dogs failed/key broke when trying to fuel) and it was no fun whatsoever.
Yeah... seriously. I felt I was able to skip my trip to the gym that evening. Got my leg work-out in and some cardio-aerobic exercise too.

Top Bottom