ST1300 Deflector Kits DISCONTINUED !!

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Tried to order both fairing and mirror deflector kits for my ST1300, tried a couple of dealers in N America, they say it's been discontinued, disappointing or what! Honda typically has a great reputation for maintaining part supplies but not any more it seems. For those who do already have the kits fitted be careful, there are no replacements if any deflectors get damaged.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Re: Deflector Kits DISCONTINUED !!

Honda typically has a great reputation for maintaining part supplies but not any more it seems.
The law in the U.S. requires that manufacturers provide parts for ten years after a model is discontinued, but since the deflector kits are technically accessories, no dice.

--Mark

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #

If you can find the part number, have your dealer put it into their parts system. I was able to find a rear rack, backrest, crash bar and mounting brackets for my old Saber when it was about 6 years out of production back in the day. The dealers were happy to get them out of their stock because they were collecting dust on the shelf. Worth a try.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300

The law in the U.S. requires that manufacturers provide parts for ten years after a model is discontinued, but since the deflector kits are technically accessories, no dice.

--Mark
I think the law only applies to original parts, not add on accessories.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

You mean like this:

FAIRING DEFLECTOR SET 08P73-MCS-100A $199.95 1 PART OBSOLETE

MIRROR DEFLECTOR SET 08P72-MCS-100A $162.95 1 PART OBSOLETE

Guess I'll be hanging on to the ones I have! :D

Yeah, I'll be removing those from the blue tupperware I removed from the 04#2. I'll then have to replace all the "tape" and then mount them on the black tupperware!

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Now that's really disappointing news. I would have really liked to get at least the top set.

OP
OP
sky.high

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #

Now that's really disappointing news. I would have really liked to get at least the top set.
I'm in the same position i have located a fairing kit but its the mirror kit I really want, cannot believe Honda would discontinue it so soon, I wish I'd purchased a month ago when they we're still available, it sucks!

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A

I'm glad I was able to buy the mirror deflector kit from Amazon last month!!:hotpepper

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E

Mine came from Santa last year. Maybe try there.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #

Has anyone tried David Silver Spares for the kits?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Last edited:
OP
OP
sky.high

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #

Has anyone tried David Silver Spares for the kits?
David Silver had a fairing kit in stock as of last week but say the mirror kit is not available, there is a mirror kit on eBay, I decided to pass on the kit if any peice gets damaged replacement will not be possible and at $500cdn it's a bit steep

Last edited:

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #

Fairing deflector kit, mirror deflector kit and tank protector on sale on Alberta Kijiji. All supposedly new in the boxes. Here's a link to the fairing deflector kit posting.

OP
OP
sky.high

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #

Fairing deflector kit, mirror deflector kit and tank protector on sale on Alberta Kijiji. All supposedly new in the boxes. Here's a link to the fairing deflector kit posting.
Thanks MajorTom, I've got both these mirror and fairing set today, meet Aaron at Red Deer to pick up. the power of the internet and st-owners.com!

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300

Thanks MajorTom, I've got both these mirror and fairing set today, meet Aaron at Red Deer to pick up. the power of the internet and st-owners.com!
Well too bad your deal never fell through as I was number 2 in line after you...well i continue my search...good purchase!

OP
OP
sky.high

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #

Well too bad your deal never fell through as I was number 2 in line after you...well i continue my search...good purchase!
Oops sorry about that, there goes my Rostra install helpline! if I hear of any others I'll be sure to let you know.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #

It's getting worse ... you can no longer get the upper left and right fairings for the ST1100. And it appears that the mirror covers are disappearing also. These items are the ones that usually get 'whacked' in a tip-over along with scratching the saddlebag lids. Very disappointing regardless of the legal 'requirements'. EBay appears to be one of the few options and often the 'quality' of the part is questionable.

Top Bottom