Purchased a CTX1300 today

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Since 1994 I have owned various ST''s and have loved riding them every minute I was in the saddle. Today I test rode and purchased a new '14 CTX1300. Absolutely loved the comfort of this bike and it will work a bit better for weekend rides with my wife. The pricing on new CTX's is pretty nice too. I have to admit that I actually feel bad moving away from the ST that I have loved for so many years. Life moves on though and my riding priorities have changed a bit. I won't be going anywhere in regards to this group though. The people here are great and Joe runs an awesome site.

IMG_2321.JPG

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Let me be the first to offer Congratulations !! I am sure you will find the CTX a lot the same, but different. I enjoyed my my demo ride on one about 3 years back,, but I did not enjoy the price as much back then,,, as it was a bit higher,,, Cat'

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
The CTX certainly divides opinion. I personally like them and aren't they a Pan in all but name anyway?
Enjoy your ride.
Keep us posted on comfort etc, now the prices are better they are a tempting proposition.
Upt'North.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Congratulations! The CTX got much grief here when it came out. It's good to see it getting some love. Never demoed one but I did get to sit on it at a motorcycle show. It was a great fit. It's One of Those Bikes I'd own if I had the room.

It'd be an interesting experiment to own both and see which one I ended up riding more. The F6B is another One of Those Bikes.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Seasons of life change and that includes our passions. Enjoy your new motorcycle with your wife!

Bike
R1200rt
Since 1994 I have owned various ST''s and have loved riding them every minute I was in the saddle. Today I test rode and purchased a new '14 CTX1300. Absolutely loved the comfort of this bike and it will work a bit better for weekend rides with my wife. The pricing on new CTX's is pretty nice too. I have to admit that I actually feel bad moving away from the ST that I have loved for so many years. Life moves on though and my riding priorities have changed a bit. I won't be going anywhere in regards to this group though. The people here are great and Joe runs an awesome site.

IMG_2321.JPG
With the price I saw now I am thinking about one. Can't buy a good used bike for that.

Bike
R1200rt
please post a complete first (long) ride review. I am curious if you have any heat issues??

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congrats on the purchase. Saw your post over on the CTX1300 forum. For a taller shield there are a few options. Other than the Honda tall screen (what I have on mine) Cee Bailey makes one (in multiple sizes) as does GIVI and Madstad and there is even a powered screen in the works if not already out. Rostra CC has been installed on a few CTX1300 bikes and there is another brand (forget just now) who makes a CC system specifically for the CTX1300. There is a member on the CTX1300 forum who makes saddlebag guards and highway peg/fog light brackets. Also, if desired, the top box is available in the USA for this bike both from Honda and also from GIVI (with the mount made for this bike). And again, if you are inclined to replace the stock comfy seat with an aftermarked seat RDL and Corbin have them as well as Spencer and Laam have made them.

BTW- No heat issues. Been to NATSTOC in one day ride (660 miles) and also to OkieSTOC (585 miles). And this is the first bike I've been able to go half that far with no discomfort and on the stock seat. My old Gold Wing was the only bike I could make 300 miles on at one go, but had to get off to rest after that. On the highway traveling in the summer temps I am usually able to ride up to 250+ miles if I ran all the way through the tank. I sometimes fill up at 220-235 miles while going LD. MPG improves after a few thousand miles if from new. (I bought mine with 1 mile on the clock). Maintenance should be no issue if you've worked on your ST since so much is the same.

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
With the price I saw now I am thinking about one. Can't buy a good used bike for that.[/QUOTE]

You can find them for right at $7K now (non-deluxe). Many dealers purchased leftovers from internal Honda auctions and are now wanting the space for new inventory. Very good deals to be had.

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Hey Jeff,
Well done on the purchase! Nice colour! Nothing quite like the aroma of a new bike. Glad to hear you're sticking around the forum! We should meet up in Winthrop one sunny day
Cheers,
Jeff H

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Congrats on the purchase. Saw your post over on the CTX1300 forum. For a taller shield there are a few options. Other than the Honda tall screen (what I have on mine) Cee Bailey makes one (in multiple sizes) as does GIVI and Madstad and there is even a powered screen in the works if not already out. Rostra CC has been installed on a few CTX1300 bikes and there is another brand (forget just now) who makes a CC system specifically for the CTX1300. There is a member on the CTX1300 forum who makes saddlebag guards and highway peg/fog light brackets. Also, if desired, the top box is available in the USA for this bike both from Honda and also from GIVI (with the mount made for this bike). And again, if you are inclined to replace the stock comfy seat with an aftermarked seat RDL and Corbin have them as well as Spencer and Laam have made them.

BTW- No heat issues. Been to NATSTOC in one day ride (660 miles) and also to OkieSTOC (585 miles). And this is the first bike I've been able to go half that far with no discomfort and on the stock seat. My old Gold Wing was the only bike I could make 300 miles on at one go, but had to get off to rest after that. On the highway traveling in the summer temps I am usually able to ride up to 250+ miles if I ran all the way through the tank. I sometimes fill up at 220-235 miles while going LD. MPG improves after a few thousand miles if from new. (I bought mine with 1 mile on the clock). Maintenance should be no issue if you've worked on your ST since so much is the same.
Thanks for the info. I've done some research and have a list of add ons that I want to start with. The shield being #1 on the list. I may PM you for some other thoughts as well.

please post a complete first (long) ride review. I am curious if you have any heat issues??
Rode it 278 miles home yesterday with no heat issues aa all. In fact I was actually hoping for more heat as it was snowing on me over the pass. Will post a first ride review soon.

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
Test rode one Friday but they didn't have my first color choice. Will probably kick myself for not buying the one I rode. Russ.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Test rode one Friday but they didn't have my first color choice. Will probably kick myself for not buying the one I rode. Russ.
That's OK Russ. I've been reading that Wisconsin dealers (some) have the best prices on the CTX1300 so when you show up for LOCSTOC or WiSTOC you can buy one then :grin:

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's OK Russ. I've been reading that Wisconsin dealers (some) have the best prices on the CTX1300 so when you show up for LOCSTOC or WiSTOC you can buy one then :grin:
Rode a black deluxe at Vetesniks (Richland Center, Wi) on my way to Pardeeville. Last deluxe they had.

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks. Russ. My local dealer is seeing if he can get me one. Supposed to call him Monday. That's part of the reason I didn't buy Friday...............We'll see..........

Top Bottom