Whats the strangest thing you've found Inside your tire?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
And I'm not talking about Nails, Glass, or Screws :rofl1:
I've got a pie pan with 7.2 pounds of number 6 lead shot that was removed from a front tire of an ST1300!
Seems the owner thought it would work like balancing beads.
You can't fix Stupid!

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Nope...POUNDS! Filled a pie pan completely up.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Holy crapola. I can only say I found a 3/8 bolt in my tire causing a huge hole on my 1300, but a large piece of grader blade inside the shredded tire on a truck. No claim to fame here.

Norm

Vendor
Bike
KLR650
STOC #
Four tires on a pickup with around 20 rounds of loaded 308 cartridges. All were FMJ, bullet first, through the tire. It was a Forest Service vehicle which drove across a military range. Some cases had the cartridge head worn completely through and powder gone. Not one had set off the primer.

Bike
VStrom 650
Stupid is as stupid does.
It could be worse, he could of used glass.
How many cartridges does that equate to, lots I'm guessing.
Thanks for post, it makes me feel marginally less stupid.
I just wonder what his village do for an idiot when he's a no show?
Upt'North.

Jerseyst

Official Crown Royal TeSTer
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I use number 8 shot. Never use number 6!!!

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I found my missing tire iron. No lie!
I was working a pit for the Baja 1000. One of the riders arrived at the pit and I noticed two shiny spots on the sidewall of his front tire. I said it looked like a tire iron. He got a sh*t eating grin on his face. He explained that he changed his front tire the prior night and couldn't find a tire iron. He figured he'd find it when he returned home and searched in the daylight. It was amazing to me that it wore through the tire rather than the tube (this was on an BMW HP2). I thought there was no way this could happen. Then I lost a small plastic tire iron when fixing a flat on my mountain bike. I didn't find it until I removed the tube I put in that tire. :rolleyes:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
A screw from an airbox... how did that get in there...

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Not on a bike, but many years ago my newlywed mother was driving my dads hemi Chrysler 300 and slid sideways into the grass median of a highway doing an exorbitant speed... After the dirt settled he ended up having to pull two tires to remove a handful gravel that found it's way into the wheels. The funny part is very little if any air was lost; the only way he knew something was amiss was the tossing sound made when going slow with the windows down!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
On our ride up to Oregon back in 2013, Dave pickup this little gem:
Nasty Bugger

About 10 years ago, I picked up an aluminum rod about 6 inches long. No flat tire, but it cost me $250 to have the rear tire replaced! :(

Bike
07 ST1300
I was working a pit for the Baja 1000. One of the riders arrived at the pit and I noticed two shiny spots on the sidewall of his front tire. I said it looked like a tire iron. He got a sh*t eating grin on his face. He explained that he changed his front tire the prior night and couldn't find a tire iron. He figured he'd find it when he returned home and searched in the daylight. It was amazing to me that it wore through the tire rather than the tube (this was on an BMW HP2). I thought there was no way this could happen. Then I lost a small plastic tire iron when fixing a flat on my mountain bike. I didn't find it until I removed the tube I put in that tire. :rolleyes:
I was gifting my 05 roadster (sportster) to my brother who had been diagnosed with acute lukemia, and a bad bad prognosis. I thought having a bike to ride might help, and I am delighted to say he has been in remission for two years now!.
Anyway I was putting new tires on it preparatory to riding up to Lake Ontario to gift it. I noticed while balancing that first, it wouldn't balance, and second it had a bad hop!
I was about to call the tire company out to rant and rave when I noticed I was missing an iron..Hmm..I found it. No harm done and didn't even pinch the tube.

Bike
2006 St1300
This happened a long time ago in my unit. A truck driver was slowly moving thru a night bivouac area. "Light discipline" was being used (absolutely no lights). He had some one walking just a few feet in front of the truck guiding when suddenly there was a banging sound in a wheel well. They stopped and using covered red flashlights found an M-16 driven into the tire.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
NOTHING found inside! Never know what will happen if U get in too big a hurry changing a Tire.

ST13 Rear tire goes flat about 1/2 mile from house. Get it in the garage and find a 1/4 inch Hex Bolt stuck thru tire! No Pics-Shoulda taken 1.
There was still 50% tread left! It wasn't like this thing was worn to the chords!
VERY LUCKY that it was close to home, cause hole was too big to plug!

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I found an exhaust valve in one. Never figured out where it came from. No hole, so apparently it got there during installation......

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Rebuilt myself a Trans-am back in the '80's,, and bought it 4 new boots. Ran mostly fine in a straight line,,, but shook seriously on a sharp lane change. Turned out to be 2 or 3 litres of water in one front tire. The first one mounted,, got all the shop's compressor condensate,,, Cat'

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
On our ride up to Oregon back in 2013, Dave pickup this little gem:
Nasty Bugger

About 10 years ago, I picked up an aluminum rod about 6 inches long. No flat tire, but it cost me $250 to have the rear tire replaced! :(
I was wondering where that went.....mail it back to me will ya...... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom