Looking to move stock pegs down and forward a bit

Is there anything out there that will move the stock grips down a bit, and forward a bit? It would make the bike much more comfortable? I haven't found anything that does this yet. I'm a bit concerned that moving them forward would interfere with the brake and shifter, so it can't go forward much. Just a bit.

Any info on such a product?

Thanks.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Senior Moment, read the thread wrong, my bad, sorry for wasted post. :nuts1:

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Pegs or grips? Reads like you meant foot pegs.

Forward— not that I know of. Down— GoldWing foot pegs are a bolt on and will drop the position down 1". Motor Cycle Larry's (MCL) non-adjustable foot peg brackets are supposed to lower the pegs about an inch I think.

I don't know if anybody has used them both (together). I have GW pegs and the help a little. My hips don't get cramped as quickly. Not an aggressive rider by any definition I've never scraped them. The rear brake lever doesn't feel any different. The the gear shift lever does feel a little high and could be lowered a notch but I just haven't got around to it. I have no idea if it could be adjusted to work with the peg and bracket combo.

Whether or not any of that works is an individual thing. Some people go back to the ST pegs. The adjustable pegs did cause a clearance issue for one member.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Repositioning accessories are kind of slim for the ST series of bikes with the exception of numerous handlebar risers and tip-over bar mounted highway pegs. Foot peg relocaton provides minimal change from stock, usually just an inch as ST Gui mentions. These bikes are not like Harley's where you can bolt or stick on pretty much anything anywhere. Our options are limited. If you need more than handlebar relocation or highway pegs to enjoy a comfortable ride, you really need to consider another platform altogether.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Forward— not that I know of. Down— GoldWing foot pegs are a bolt on and will drop the position down 1". Motor Cycle Larry's (MCL) non-adjustable foot peg brackets are supposed to lower the pegs about an inch I think.

I don't know if anybody has used them both (together).
Yep, have them combined on my ride. I scrape an occasional corner, just keep the foot pressure light when leaning way over. When you hear the scrap, rais ethe bike and get your butt more over the side and out of the seat. Or just lift the foot up a little. :cool:

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
This is the foot peg adapter that both drops and moves out a inch each way. Helped me a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Could you already have installed the handlebars risers that raise and spread the grips? Take a look.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
T_C said:
Yep, have them combined on my ride. I scrape an occasional corner, just keep the foot pressure light when leaning way over. When you hear the scrap, rais ethe bike and get your butt more over the side and out of the seat. Or just lift the foot up a little.
Thanks! I just might order a set of (non-adjustable) brackets!

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I just might order a set of (non-adjustable) brackets!
I liek 'em. But before ordering new I'd put up a wanted ad. I've read enough complaints about them that I think you should be able to find a gently used pair.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I was asked to install these on a couple members bikes....both of which asked me to removed them less than a week later :rolleyes:
Comments of lifting the :butt1: end of the bike up mid turn, to scraping and tearing up the pegs and grabbing the pavement etc.
Dangerous accessory if you ask me.
YMMV

Bike
2005 st1300
MCL lowering brackets move the pegs down an inch forward about an inch and outward 3/4 of an inch. My bike came equipped with them and I quickly removed them. Put them back on this spring to try them again and removed them after 50 km. Some people like 'em.... just not for me. Still looking for a set of goldwing pegs.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
FWIW - I use the same ones that Dave.David suggested above and have had no trouble scraping in the corners. They are MCL FIXED peg lowering blocks.

NOTE: These blocks still fold just like the stock foot pegs - and that is important. They are inexpensive, easy to mount, nearly invisible and they work like a charm for me.

NOTE: The MCL "Adjustable" peg lowering kit - does NOT fold - and IMHO - that is dangerous.

The enhanced comfort for my poor old knees is WELL WORTH the cost of slowing down a tiny bit the odd time.

The only time I have touched them is when I was in a round-about and I was actually trying to see how far over I could get. It was night but the traffic circle (as they are known here) was well lit, I was alone, there was NO traffic and the road was perfectly clean and dry. I simply went around and around, speeding up a little on each lap until I touched the LH peg. I was going.....well....I was going pretty fast and certainly faster than I would have gone under normal circumstances.

Anyhow - if you've got knee or hip discomfort, these darned things work well - especially in conjunction with the MCL bar riser. Those two items have certainly allowed me to keep riding the ST.

If others don't need them - well, lucky you.

Cheers,

Pete

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Comments of lifting the end of the bike up mid turn, to scraping and tearing up the pegs and grabbing the pavement etc.
Are these the fixed MCL peg lowering kit or the adjustable one?

As Pete said... The fixed still use the stock OEM pegs and springs and will fold up as needed when you lean and scrape the acorn nuts. The adjustable ones are able to go further down, further forward to grab more pavement and also potential pogo the bike.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
MCL lowering brackets move the pegs down an inch forward about an inch and outward 3/4 of an inch. My bike came equipped with them and I quickly removed them. Put them back on this spring to try them again and removed them after 50 km. Some people like 'em.... just not for me. Still looking for a set of goldwing pegs.
:plus1: on safe/quick removal.
Someone once said that there are three types of men in the world, some who learn by reading, some who learn by watching, and some just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves :rofl1:
I would ask myself, is the small amount of comfort worth, the large amount of pain and injury inflicted when the bike digs into the asphalt and tosses your :butt1: off the bike?
If you decide to try these, please be careful.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You should read this thread on the topic: MCL Adjustable Footpeg Lowering Brackets - Not at all happy with this product.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
You should read this thread on the topic: MCL Adjustable Footpeg Lowering Brackets - Not at all happy with this product.
I'm sure. Those "adjustable " brackets are dangerous. They don't fold back when scraped on the ground. Please use the "non adjustable" like I pitchered. They use the stock pegs to fold when up against force.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
MaxPete said:
The only time I have touched them is when I was in a round-about and I was actually trying to see how far over I could get... I simply went around and around, speeding up a little on each lap until I touched the LH peg. I was going.....well....I was going pretty fast and certainly faster than I would have gone under normal circumstances.
If you have to try to touch the peg then as far as I'm concerned we can belay the yellow flag.

MaxPete; said:
Yes - I know it is confusing but:

- the FIXED peg lowering kit does fold <GOOD Thing>

- the ADJUSTABLE peg lowering kit does NOT fold <BAD thing>.
Bears repeating.

T_C; said:
Are these the fixed MCL peg lowering kit or the adjustable one?

T_C said:
As Pete said... The fixed still use the stock OEM pegs and springs and will fold up as needed when you lean and scrape the acorn nuts.
Bears repeating.

Top Bottom