Anybody have any experience with HifloFiltro air filter

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Are you worried because he used this filter instead of OEM? I've had one in my STeed for the last three years without any issues. I'd also buy another...

OP
OP
ApriliaNut
Are you worried because he used this filter instead of OEM? I've had one in my STeed for the last three years without any issues. I'd also buy another...
Not at all.

Just looking for alternatives at a better price lol....anytime I can save twenty bucks I'll take it!!

Have you had yours in the bike for three years now? If so, how many miles in that time?

Thanks

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Not at all.

Just looking for alternatives at a better price lol....anytime I can save twenty bucks I'll take it!!

Have you had yours in the bike for three years now? If so, how many miles in that time?

Thanks
Roughly 38k miles. I suppose that I should open up the air box one of these years to check up to see how it's doing but the way I figure it, the more dirt that's in there, the better the filtering will be. I used to ask others for their OEM filter when they took it off after the factory recommended interval of 12k miles and then used them for another 10-20k. Never has hurt my gas mileage as can be seen in this chart.

Nothing wrong with being a little frugal. Just means more $ for tires and gas...

technotony007

Marvellous !
Bike
2005 Pan Euro ST1300
I have always used K & N filters in my bikes in the past , as you shouldn't need to ever buy an air filter for that bike . The filters can be washed and re-oiled , and they are supposed to be a million mile filter ' so to speak'

these also my the bike responsive than OEM.

I hear Hiflo are good , and cheaper to buy , depending were you shop.

as soon as I can afford one , I am going to buy one

hope that helps

tony

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I have just put a high-flow brand air filter in,,, and it fit fine. Previously,,, I had an OEM filter. I detected no difference between the two,,, except $$$,, Cat'

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Wouldn't worry about it.
I use the EMGO one.
(note I don't see it in EMGO's latest catalog so it might be discontinued although you can still get them)

OP
OP
ApriliaNut
Thanks for all the responses!
I had a K&N in my UrS4 that worked great. Sold it to a tuner in Phoenix & it had 360,000 [yes that's right: three hundred sixty thousand miles], though I only put about 100k on it. Washed up great every time.
I think I'll try the HiFlo if I can seal the deal.

I have one on order and it should be here tomorrow. I can get you some pics if there is any interest? I'll be installing it this weekend.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I use the hiflo on mine also. Stopped and changed my oil in shop while on a ride after breaking in my bike and the place had these and the K and N and said they had both apart and were identical.

Last edited:

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
According to him the K and N and the Hiflo were the same. Sorry, was in a hurry typing at work instead of working :( LOL! I did not get to see them but was just passing along and have had good luck with mine so far.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Whoever "He" is, the K&N is a completely different design, screen, and element. The Hiflo is a cheaper version of the OEM filter. Thinner screen, lighter paper pleats etc. Looks similar though.

OP
OP
ApriliaNut
I've been using them for years. They are a manufacturer for some OEMs. http://www.hiflofiltro.com/why-hiflo/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for that link Ashley!! Much good information there, especially the "Why HiFlo" tab.

Holy filter paper Batman, I'd never heard of these guys but now I think they're gonna go on all my vehicles: 06 Jetta TDI w/Pump Deuse, 94 Yamaha GTS 1000 and my new [to me] blue 04 ST1300 which is on due on the truck from AF1 Racing in Austin any day now!!!

Pics to come later when she arrives!

EDIT: Looks like they don't make products for cages...too bad.

Last edited:

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Whoever "He" is, the K&N is a completely different design, screen, and element. The Hiflo is a cheaper version of the OEM filter. Thinner screen, lighter paper pleats etc. Looks similar though.
Appreciate it IGO and trust your judgement on that and will try something different in the future for my FJR. Thanks!

Top Bottom