Any idea what this gizmo might be ?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
jfheath said:
Cars are commonly fitted with 'cigarette lighter' sockets, although newer models do not always have the lighter installed.
It's the same here. In some instances a car may not have an ashtray or cigarette lighter (and they'd be optional) but might have the same socket as '12V Power'. Most US cars with a 'cigarette lighter' keep it live with the ignition off. Most Japanese cars I've seen have it live only with when Ignition or ACC is on. How's it work in the UK?

T_C said:
Okay.. bit I was just more thinking that they would plug in an accessory that is live with the bike switched off.
Well if you're going to be logical about it... And using a jumper cable with a 12V plug really wouldn't make a lot of sense nor be very practical.

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Everyone missed the secret use. Pack it with plastic explosive, wire a switch to short it to ground when needed, and if you get hijacked, just flip the switch and it will cause the seat to become an ejector seat.

Bike
st1100
from the looks of it its like the cigarette lighter type of power lead that's lost the cap off the end .have one on my bike should be a fuse down by the battery

Top Bottom