Hot Pockets

Bike
2006 ST1300
Well being new to the ST1300 I made the mistake of putting a small aluminum flashlight in the right font pocket and after a 4hr ride made the real mistake and tried to take it out of the pocket! Now what I've come up with is that the pocket will replace my small stove for heating up dinner while camping, just put it in the pocket of your choice and presto a hot dinner is ready when your arrive at the campground. So I came up with this as seen in the pictures below I'm going to finish it off with some aluminum duct tape on the edges, thoughts suggestions what do people put in the pockets that won't melt or explode???

Here's a shot of the pockets finished and installed:

IMG_0186.jpgIMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0179.jpgIMG_0178.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300 (2004)
Now you know, dinner is served Sir

Послато са SM-A500H уз помоћ Тапатока

Bike
ST1300 (2004)
Who needs heated grips next to the hot pockets ☺

Послато са SM-A500H уз помоћ Тапатока

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I like the Philly Cheesesteak version but in a pinch the pepperoni will do.

I've got
gloves
light bulbs
my RAM X-grip
a 90º valve stem extension
and some miscellaneous whatnot

But I am tempted to put a Hot Pocket in the hot pocket and see what happens.

'Dinner will be in 35miles.'

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've never had a problem storing stuff in the pockets but I don't shut the lids light. Left ajar there seems to be enough air circulation to mitigate the temperature.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Now what I've come up with is that the pocket will replace my small stove for heating up dinner while camping said:
182965[/ATTACH]IMG_0178.jpg
Absolutely brilliant! But let's not limit this to campers....why can't we plan a nice hot meal at certain stops along the way? A nice breakfast burrito after a chilly morning start? A small thermos for some soup or chili at lunch?

I've toyed with the idea of strapping a small cooler to the pillion as the wife will never ever ever get on. Now I have a reason to!!

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Hershey bars are great...when making some SMORES! :)
Or hot cocoa on a cold ride... :) Load up the pocket, stick in a straw, start riding. Soon enough you have a warm soothing drink of comfort food waiting for you.

Seriously, as a matter of routine, I carry:

LEFT SIDE
Box that had my FOBO TPMS in it, with spare batteries and assorted items
Spare RAM arms (short and long)
Windshield cleaner / coater fluid, and micro-fiber towel for applying it
EZ-Pass transponder (when not in use)
Orange Tic-Tacs (helps fight "helmet breath" :) )
Spare earplugs (assorted)
Side stand plate for use when parking on softer surfaces

RIGHT SIDE
Digital tire pressure gauge
FOBO sensor lock tool

Last edited:
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Looks good, I'll be standing by to hear how this works for you.

I don't keep much of anything in the left pocket, right now the dual heat controller is stuck to the right side, as the wires come out it doesn't shut all the way and as dduelin stated I haven't noticed it's overly hot, I guess I also have my insurance tag in there.

The right pocket gets some fuses, a side stand plate, a reflective belt (incase the gate guard says my riding jacket isn't reflective enough) and right now the throttle/wrist buster or whatever it's called.

Soon a 12VDC plug will be in the right pocket and a dual USB plug in the left pocket both on the FWD wall towards the top.

Other than that, I have used the left cup holder from time to time.

Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Wstark
Bike
2006 ST1300
Well several rides later the insulation really did help, also leaving the lids unlatched (thanks dduelin) has cooled it down enough I'm not worried that batteries or my point and shoot will be damaged.
Thanks for everyone input:)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Well several rides later the insulation really did help, also leaving the lids unlatched (thanks dduelin) has cooled it down enough I'm not worried that batteries or my point and shoot will be damaged.
Thanks for everyone input:)
Be very careful there. Electronics do not like heat, and on a hot day with spirited riding your box might toast your camera, ditto for the batteries. There are a couple of threads on what guys put in the glove boxes, and consensus seems to be anything that would not be damaged by heat

Top Bottom