I Need a New Battery

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Welcome to ST-Owners!

That Yuasa is more expensive than my Odyssey PC545. Some folks swear by the OEM-specified Yuasa, but I had two go belly up in 18 months (18 months each that is). I'd recommend the Odyssey PC545, but it's not a straight-n-easy swap out replacement. Where in VA are you located? I ask because I don't buy batteries online ... I want a store to which I can return it if defective. Surely there's a retailer or motorcycle shop close to you where you can buy a battery.

Hopefully, you've searched for some of the battery threads here for additional information. If so, you've probably learned the ST1300's battery is basically too small. Most owners make double-certain they do not overload it nor leave lights on longer than absolutely necessary. You may also want to invest in a Battery-Tender to keep the battery charged while not riding. I use one every now and then.
I live within 3 miles of an Interstate battery store, Batteries Plus, 3 Wal-Mart's and at least 3 motorcycle shops I know of. The one I'm replacing looks to be a batteries plus store brand(it currently runs $100 but packs slightly less Cca than stock). I started a thread a few days ago and have gotten many responses. I live in a townhouse and cannot put my ST on a tender unless I pull the battery, but I do have one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I replaced my factory Yuasa battery a couple weeks ago with another factory Yuasa one. I get about 7 years out of them!
You get what you pay for...
I found a little shop in Victorville California Called AVID cycles that will sell you the Factory OEM Yuasa battery for about $119 bucks with FREE express shipping (I found them by accident online while shopping for a better price).
I ordered it on Tuesday, and it was on my porch on Wednesday!
I've referred a couple other members here who needed batteries, and they got the same service.
They will ship anywhere in the U.S.A.
Not affiliated with them, just passing on information.

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I found a little shop in Victorville California Called AVID cycles that will sell you the Factory OEM Yuasa battery for about $119 bucks with FREE express shipping (I found them by accident online while shopping for a better price).
I ordered it on Tuesday, and it was on my porch on Wednesday!
I've referred a couple other members here who needed batteries, and they got the same service.
They will ship anywhere in the U.S.A.
Not affiliated with them, just passing on information.
Their web page says $127.57 today (11/18/17). Must have decdied that was too good a deal!
https://www.avidcycles.com/lights-and-electrical/819127-yuasa-ytz14s-maintenance-free-battery-specifications-valve-regulated-lead-acid-vrla-spillproof-design-available-factory-activate.html

Available “Factory Activated†or “Dry with an Acid Pack″ (Looks like boilerplate battery language - I thought this AGM was always shipped activated.)

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Put me down as one who does not think that the aftermarket Yuasa battery is as good as the OEM. The one I had lasted about half the time as the original. Both were on a tender if the bike was parked.

Top Bottom