CTX1300 My First Thoughts

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
A Rich Hall reference!

Kawashock (n) pulling into the last remaining stall in a parking lot only to discover a motorcycle there

Bike
'14 Honda Valkyrie
@JRob, my CTX1300 was one of my favorite bikes ever up until I killed it. It was everything I liked about that beautiful V4 and none if the things I didn't like about the ST (I had one of those too, years ago). The riding position agreed with me infinitely better than the ST's. With my days of triple digits pretty much behind me now, the retuning of that motor was perfectly suited to my riding style. You obviously did your homework and knew exactly what you were getting. You're absolutely dead-on as far as being tuned for its purpose -- it is not and never was intended to be a ST replacement. But it's still no slouch.

I didn't notice if you've gotten the tall shield yet, but you'll see a world of difference when you do -- that should have been on it from the factory with the shorty as an option. Congrats and best of luck with the new ride!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I used to see him on TV as a segment in NNTN. I've seen him relatively recently on British TV shows.

A funny guy and the Sniglets were clever. Well most of them— like musquirt.

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
@JRob, my CTX1300 was one of my favorite bikes ever up until I killed it. It was everything I liked about that beautiful V4 and none if the things I didn't like about the ST (I had one of those too, years ago). The riding position agreed with me infinitely better than the ST's. With my days of triple digits pretty much behind me now, the retuning of that motor was perfectly suited to my riding style. You obviously did your homework and knew exactly what you were getting. You're absolutely dead-on as far as being tuned for its purpose -- it is not and never was intended to be a ST replacement. But it's still no slouch.

I didn't notice if you've gotten the tall shield yet, but you'll see a world of difference when you do -- that should have been on it from the factory with the shorty as an option. Congrats and best of luck with the new ride!
Thank you sir. Right after riding it home from Seattle I ordered the tall screen. It has made a world of difference. Outside of that there are the little things that will make it MY setup but otherwise it is exactly what I was hoping for. It is definitely a different from the ST which I expected. All day relaxed comfort.

Top Bottom