Anyone looking for a CTX

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
Anyone looking for a CTX? Saw a new red 2014 for $8499 at Neilson Enterprises in Lake Villa, Il. Was there for a Yamaha demo ride.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I drove one and liked it except for around sharp turns... SLOW DOWN I went across the center line and luckily nothing was coming... I added that to my heart stopping moment

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I drove one and liked it except for around sharp turns... SLOW DOWN I went across the center line and luckily nothing was coming... I added that to my heart stopping moment
Did you run out of clearance? I'm surprised, as even Gold Wings can be pretty nimble if you don't get caught up in the fact it's a big bike.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've scraped pegs on my GL1500 (Gold Wing) and the CTX can lean a little bit more than the GW. I've also scraped pegs some on my CTX but never felt like I really had to slow down all that much. Granted, I could definitely lean more with my old ST but I rarely scraped pegs on that bike. I find I am forced to take sharp turns properly more often on my CTX and slide my bum over on the seat toward the inside of the turn.

The prices mentioned above are consistent with what the Standard version is going for lately. Those seem to be a harder sell since more buyers are looking for the ABS/TC features on the Deluxe model.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Did you run out of clearance? I'm surprised, as even Gold Wings can be pretty nimble if you don't get caught up in the fact it's a big bike.
Yes Mother Honda had a ride in our community and I was running with the sport bikes... I felt it drag and had to drift across the center line on a blind hill. Talk about my life flashing..90 % of our back roads are full of curves. I only have 3 lives left

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Yes Mother Honda had a ride in our community and I was running with the sport bikes... I felt it drag and had to drift across the center line on a blind hill. Talk about my life flashing..90 % of our back roads are full of curves. I only have 3 lives left
Ah yes, running with the squids. Nothing good every came of that. :D

Top Bottom