Fotpeg MCL Blades

I just installed a set of MCL Blades and I do not think I could screw them up installing but when bike is in a vertical position going down the road the pegs are in 15 degree angle sloping down and looks and feels strange. It this the way the are supposed to be The have the sharp point that should keep he foot from sliding off but seems to feel Awkward.

Buckaroo

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
The pivot bolt is countersunk, it should be up, the nut down. The assembly should be mounted to swing open forward. The upper and lower clamping surfaces should fit the tubing on the tip over bar assembly. That could cause a strange looking result. Just locate the assembly inboard/outboard so that the plastic cover has a little clearance and is not stressed.
Basically, the metal assembly should fit the cutout on the plastic cover.
Mine (ST1100) have little vertical play in the blade itself and the blades are roughly parallel with the ground when extended.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Does anyone have any pictures of these in use? I'm curious what the posture is when these are in use.

Thanks.
I installed a set about 12 months ago and find them uncomfortable...too high and not forward enough to stretch my legs. On trips I rest my legs on the front side of the blades for a few minutes at a time. I'm 5'10", 195 pounds, 32" inseam....about average all round....if that helps.

Top Bottom