What to do?

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Luke, Bend at the wrist. My risers have Powerlet outlet for GPS which makes it more difficult.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
I feel your pain. I lost the old GPS and stuck the new on to my tank for now, but then the handle bars hit it if I turn them too far. I'll have to figure out something to.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Hondasaurus said:
I've just put on a pair of block riser. What to do to regain easy access to the ignition switch?
?

Mark said:
A picture might help us to help you...
Yes. I'm not seeing the problem. I have a Hell 3 riser and have no problem reaching the key. When I use the RAM ball for my phone it's adjusted so that I can just reach behind it.

dohboy said:
Luke, Bend at the wrist
Sage advice Obi-Wan.

OP
OP
Bike
2k9 ST1300
Thanks for you input. The problem is that with the riser the access to the ignition switch is harder and my keys were jamming in the the process. A piece of foam to fill the gap and less keys on the the key ring solved most on the problem Of course, bending the wrist more is part of the solution:)))

Good day to all

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The problem is that with the riser the access to the ignition switch is harder and my keys were jamming in the the process.
Got it. The reason I don't have much trouble is that I only use the one key. My other keys are separate so there's nothing to jam up in the void. There should be a buffing wheel in its future. The cuts are so sharp I could use it in place of a P-38 to open tin cans.

I do need to find a decent fob of some nature to make it a little easier to find in my pocket.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
and my keys were jamming in the the process.
Mine too. Several times I had to play 'figure-out the jigsaw puzzle" and get my keys out. One small one would get sideways under the handlebars.

I picked up a KeySmart holder and put all the bike keys on there. Very nice. I need to do a write-up on it.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Thanks for you input. The problem is that with the riser the access to the ignition switch is harder and my keys were jamming in the the process. A piece of foam to fill the gap and less keys on the the key ring solved most on the problem Of course, bending the wrist more is part of the solution:)))

Good day to all
Some time ago I posted a question about keys - it seems that most of the guys here use only one or two keys for the bike and leave the others elsewhere. Those that use two (topcase and ignition) usually fasten them closely together. Big key rings don't cut the mustard here.

Top Bottom