Differences in ST1100 carbs

Bike
ST1100AN
Hi,

I bought used set of carbs for my 1992 ST1100AN (European model) which is re-engined with year 2001 engine. DHL brought me those carbs but there's differences. They are about 2000 something and from some European model but they have different idle mixture screws, my earlier carbs had cross-shaped ends but these screws looks more like a half moon AND the carbs have some kind of extra low-pressure system, pictured below. What on earth is that?

STcarbs.jpg

OP
OP
STonewall
Bike
ST1100AN
An EVAP system? Can I overtake it? And are there also US-style 125 main and 38 idle jets? Is there more differences?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
The screws on the 2000-something are the stock screws. There is a Honda special tool for adjusting them. Someone replaced the other set, you might want to do the same.

The carbs on my '01 looked like your picture. Well actually, my carbs *never* looked like that set, it is really dirty! ;)

OP
OP
STonewall
Bike
ST1100AN
The screws on the 2000-something are the stock screws. There is a Honda special tool for adjusting them. Someone replaced the other set, you might want to do the same.

The carbs on my '01 looked like your picture. Well actually, my carbs *never* looked like that set, it is really dirty! ;)
Problem is that the "new" carbs have joints my bike doesn't have. What I'm supposed to do with them? Can I just plug them? And will those carbs work with EU parts, like bigger jets etc.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
We are going to have to wait for the 'ST1100 Carb Experts' on the forum to answer your questions.
I know people take off the evap system; but, I don't know what they do with all the *extra* tubing on the carbs.

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
Here is a link for carburetor rebuild and talks about the different jet sizes. The large red hose fitting is for the PAIR system and should be capped. My California bike had its EVAP system removed and the EVAP port to each carburetor was capped.

OP
OP
STonewall
Bike
ST1100AN
Here is a link for carburetor rebuild and talks about the different jet sizes. The large red hose fitting is for the PAIR system and should be capped. My California bike had its EVAP system removed and the EVAP port to each carburetor was capped.
Thanks, that's very good link. I capped the EVAP ports and chandeg jets. Have you shimmed the needles?

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
I have never had the carburetors apart except to inspect the rubber diaphragms for the main jets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom