Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Coated Flat Black Gold Wing Crash Bars $87 + shipping (fits ST1300 w/ adapter)

Bike
    ST1300 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Powder Coated Flat Black Gold Wing Crash Bars $87 + shipping (fits ST1300 w/ adap

G'day Martin, A friend here in AuSTralia Shiney aka Dave posted a link to here in OzSTOC after getting crashbars and the adapter from you. Do you have any available and do you remember how much poSTage was to him. I live juST outside Sydney in Picton NSW. I have an 08 ST1300 and a 98 ST1100. Do the F6B ones also suit the ST1300? my email is johnny1uc@yahoo.com

Vendor
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 st-1300
    My Gallery

Re: Powder Coated Flat Black Gold Wing Crash Bars $87 + shipping (fits ST1300 w/ adap

Answered this question privately but for anyone else who is wondering yes the F6B bars work with the adapters as well if you can find some. I have a pair available for $65 (see my other thread for pix).

Vendor
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 st-1300
    My Gallery

I now have a few more black powder-coated sets of crash bars in hand. Same price as before: $87 for bars and $48 for adapter kits plus 13.60 priority mail shipping. (Total is $148.60 shipped). I also still have a set of black F6B bars for $65. They look almost the same as the p-coat but have some touchups on the ends.

Just one caveat about the powdercoated bars: on occasion when I have assembled these as the bolts and nuts compress the bars there can be light flaking right around the attachment area. I just touch it up with a bit of black paint. Otherwise, on my bike I'm six months and 6000 miles into it and they look just as good as when I bolted them on.

Bike
    07 ST 1300 A
    My Gallery

I just got my tip over bars installed. I am very pleased with them. I waited a couple weeks because it has been so cold here (down to zero and a lot of time in single digits) that I was afraid to crank too hard removing the 4 mounting bolts. But after a few days of temps in the 40s and 50s, and the help of a blow dryer to warm things up a bit,,

Bike
    07 ST 1300 A
    My Gallery

, all 4 bolts came out and the rest was easy. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	189232
    Now hopefully I will never need them!
    Terry

Vendor
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 st-1300
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Trussellcma View Post
    , all 4 bolts came out and the rest was easy. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	189232
    Now hopefully I will never need them!
    Terry
    Great to hear they worked out, they look great! I have a few more powder coated sets of bars on hand for $87 and chrome ones for $67, adapter kits/hardware for $48 (all prices plus shipping).

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12