Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Who understands the PAIR system to know I can clamp it off, leaving it in place?

David
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Who understands the PAIR system to know I can clamp it off, leaving it in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Phil View Post
    I know with the MCCruise if it senses cable 'resistance' it will cut off also.
    It has to be where I start next. Unfortunately in my haste, putting the air box back on, the cable got under it, so I likely "added" some resistance.

Bike
    1991 SSMST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Who understands the PAIR system to know I can clamp it off, leaving it in place?

Quote Originally Posted by moddy View Post
    In a recent observation of my throttle cables while getting to the ignition plug to check continuity eventually leading to a battery replacement. My throttle cables may need to be replaced, possibly causing too much drag for the operation of the cruise to tolerate making subtle adjustments for maintaining speed. It will just be a bit to be able to get that done.
    We covered your aftermarket throttle cables in posts 40, 93, 96 and 116 and you said they were fine....

Way back in May I suggested:
    then put a spring scale on your mechanism and measure the force required to rotate your throttle's linkage through its full range of motion
    John
    John OoSTerhuis, STOC 1058, 1991 SSMST1100 - The Grey GhOOST (now @ 190K)
    Multi-task: check out: ST-Riders - The LiST
    My tech/maint/service pictures: link

David
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by John OoSTerhuis View Post
    We covered your aftermarket throttle cables in posts 40, 93, 96 and 116 and you said they were fine....

Way back in May I suggested:

John
    Let's just say somewhere after that, possibly before I found my vacuum was in need of attention is around the the time an additional kink was introduced, discovered around yesterday.

David
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

I am now in possession of another throttle cable kit. Turns out you are not supposed to lubricate a Venhill kit and somewhere in the last 5 years I forgot that. Plus I think I bent them putting the airbox on hastily. Lastly I made the last cables about a 1/4 inch too short. So, I have this renewed chance.

+ New Posts
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920