Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ST1100 - Gift Part 2

Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: ST1100 - Gift Part 2

Hi again Dean. I am pretty sure that you can post your ABS document if you simply save it as a .pdf instead of a .doc or .docx file.

I don’t think any of us are in this for the money....(at least that’s what my wife would say).

Cheers,

Pete
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2002 YZF R1
    2018 Miles

My Gallery

I painted the pumpkin head and basically drowned the crazing from the first coat and it has come up well, I greased the drive shaft union and re mounted it onto the drive shaft and then released it by three mm so that I could mount the rear wheel and pull all this up to spec then torque it down properly I then added a note to remind myself to torque it down.

Masked up the rear wheel and etched primed the wheel and hit it with a can of “Toyota Light Grey” from work no idea if this is the correct grey but it’s what we have and it’s an enamel so it’s a match (moving on…).

The edges where I sanded out the aluminium oxide rippled up during painting, current plan is to let it harden, then lightly sanded these ripple edges down and drown them in paint, bit disappointed by this, one side was fine..

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=5345
    Last edited by Dean-ST100-NZ; 02-18-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Bike
    91 ST1100/06 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Sometimes it's easier overall to remove all the old paint. Edges can soften and lift with the fresh paint, usually with the color coat. Other times, you just get lucky and it works out.

+ New Posts
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678