Sport Touring

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
This video is honor of Michael Parks aka Jim Bronson. The music in this video by Michael Parks the song was used in the episode "Abundance Grows?"

This is my first attempt combing my drone and motorcycles. Still learning so don't grade me as you would a professional LOL.

Some of the footage is canned footage I had on file from trips west, mixed in with recent footage captured by the Catbird (my drone). My brother and his 2014 Concours assisted on the shoot. We had a good time making this.

I don't know how long the video will survive it depends on what kind of mood Youtube is in. I'm not sure if the audio is copyrighted the song is really old and obscure, I reckon we'll find out LOL. Not like I'm making any money of the song. So watch while you can. LOL About 2:30 long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZuARphM9cw&t=158s

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
IntereSTing views with the drone!

But I'm still trying to figure out why Youtube thinks this 2:30 video is 11:47 long... ;-)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The video is 11+min long— outtakes and B roll LOL.

Nice work! I liked it a lot.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Great job. Love the drone work... would love to get one. I will soon need to be hauling a trailer for camera equipment. There seems to be long segments of black between the out takes and cuts. That would be my only note. I liked the edits.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Oh, and I've had a couple of copyright notices for music. One of them was music from a 1960's classical vinyl LP that was picked up on an audio match! This was not my Dillards tune "Single Saddle" which I have used as"theme" music for a couple of years. Single Saddle may just not be appropriate this year lol. I've gone looking for and downloaded a lot of royalty free music in the past while for future use. Video work can get a little addictive.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Bravo!

I've been in that cockpit many times. Makes me want to ride.

In other words: It inspires.

OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
My current drone, does not pack on a bike. Too big. It might work in a topcase, but I don't think so. DJI has just released a much smaller drone with a even more powerful camera. That unit is folds to palm size, and be rapidly deployed. I'll upgrade to that in the future. Not too soon though, or my wife is gonna hurt me, with a new bike coming and all.

When I rendered this video I had some work far out the timeline, and not visible. I was kind of sleepy at the end, and didn't know it. My plan is to take the drone to the Blue Ridge for the Gathering where I'll have a lot of bikes, and scenery, and capture some very dramatic scenes.

Those of y'all thinking about a drone I can say they are a lot of fun, and allow you to make photos and videos that are quite unique. Like riding, there is a learning curve to flying it, and it doesn't take much to crash one, or have it fly off to never never land. And like riding, most of that is pilot error. If you are into photography I don't know how you not have one. I just have a passing interest in the the subject, only enough to compliment my riding, meaning I don't study it. I gotta enough hobbies taking my money right now LOL.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
DJI has the MAVIC 'foldable' drone (the prop arms fold into the body for storage and transport) and has recently added an even smaller version called the SPARK at half the price ($500).

There are some drones that have more auto-control aspects that make flying comparatively easy.

It's a hobby that can easily suck money from the wallet. But drone photography/videography can be awesome.

Top Bottom