Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SwimSTOC 2017 Aug 17-20

Bike
    2006 Silverwing
    My Gallery

Re: SwimSTOC 2017 Aug 17-20

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    We're all good, folks. Headed back to pick up the bike now.
    Thank you George so much for being there and helping him out
    Sally(forgitaboutut's better Half)

Bike
    2014 CTX Deluxe
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Hey Rich, Hope you're ok. Thanks for the assist George! Russ.

Bike
    ST-1200
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Glad you're ok Rich... hats off to George for doing what he does best, help people.

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Rich I'm very happy to hear that you are OK. Sorry about your lovely bike. I'll look forward to seeing what you get next. On the bright side maybe you're still in TN for the eclipse totality.

"The road unwinds towards me / What was there is gone / The road unwinds before me / And I go riding on" -- Rush, "Driven"

Thanks To Randy and Della for hosting another fun event ..Thanks to Michael , The Cheese, for catering Thursday night dinner ..
    Riding south on i75 on Sunday, I saw a ton of traffic heading north presumably to view the eclipse.

Bike
    09 Suzuki 650 "Wee"
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    Glad you're ok Rich... hats off to George for doing what he does best, help people.
    Right on George. And glad to hear Rich is OK.
    Jim

Bike
    2015 NC700 DCT
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

For any interested: the hot green chili salsa I had at Swim STOC is branded Sadie's. Comes in a glass jar from Walmart. I'm enjoying some now.
    Last edited by George; 08-21-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    George
    "Live Every Moment,,, Love Every Day,,, Because,,, Before you know it,,, Your Precious Time Slips Away... ---REO Speedwagon, via ACL

Check my albums Picasa

Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Well I'm home Safe and Sound..lol Thanks for all the help and concern! A little sore! But hard to believe that's it! I blew a turn going wayyy too fast next thing I know Im going into the grass and right down on the ground...felt no pain..got up and thought.... SWEET!....I'm not hurt...Then watched as my bike ghost ride...and rolled over about 10 or 15 times down the hill...maybe 20! it just seemed to go on for ever...It was a site! Wish I had a copy of on film...lol (and after all that...the people that live there help me get the bike up...It RUNS!!!LOL we were able to limp it out of the field and close to the road....)

I would still be figuring out how get that damm thing on the truck if weren't for George!
    Sorry I screwed up your night George, you saved mine!
    Rich
    '07 ST1300PA
    '07 Goldwing
    '14 Goldwing

Bike
    ST 1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by forgitaboutut View Post
    Well I'm home Safe and Sound..lol Thanks for all the help and concern! A little sore! But hard to believe that's it! I blew a turn going wayyy too fast next thing I know Im going into the grass and right down on the ground...felt no pain..got up and thought.... SWEET!....I'm not hurt...Then watched as my bike ghost ride...and rolled over about 10 or 15 times down the hill...maybe 20! it just seemed to go on for ever...It was a site! Wish I had a copy of on film...lol (and after all that...the people that live there help me get the bike up...It RUNS!!!LOL we were able to limp it out of the field and close to the road....)

I would still be figuring out how get that damm thing on the truck if weren't for George!
    Sorry I screwed up your night George, you saved mine!
    Hey Rich glad you are home safe and just a little sore, the bike can be replaced! At least you were able to enjoy a few of those wonderful TN and North GA. roads. There's always next year to explore a few more!
    FALI
    2006 ST1300

Bike
    2014 CTX1300A
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Just read about this over on the CTX forum (Rich posted a summary). Always sad to read about the demise of a good bike. Glad no major injuries, Rich. Have "fun" finding the next ride that fits you and your riding style, whether it be the same or different. Wish I could say to have fun dealing with the insurance sharks. Sometimes they can be OK but other times... Hope for the best there.

Oh, and one of these days I'll get out to more STOC events. Like maybe after retirement? Just can't take another vacation so soon after the previous one (MNSTOC in this case).
    Last edited by rjs987; 08-22-2017 at 06:41 AM.
    STOC # 8058
    /bob
    Yep, that lone state of ME is where I owned my first mc.
    Photos on Flickr

+ New Posts
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456