Some How ST1300 dropped 26,448Km on its Odometer Total

Northern Dancer

Northern-Dancer
Bike
ST1300PA Police
Some how ST1300 Police Special Model Year 2006 dropped 26,448 Kilometers on its Odometer Total and reset Trip Meter? I noticed this when taking a long Ride on May 23, 2017 with my GPS showing 503.5 Kilometers Traveled but my trip showing 316.8 Kilometers. I keep religious Records on my Motorcycles so I wonder what could have caused this?

So It took another Ride May 28, 2017 of 308.9 Kilometers by GPS but My Motorcycle Trip indicated 194.4 Kilometers with the Odometer accumulating an additional 194 Kilometers. The on board Fuel Computer indicated 18.4Km/L and the actual Fuel Calculation was 19.3KM/L or 54.36Mpg Canadian Gallon or 45.26Mpg USA Gallon. So the on board fuel Computer is fairly accurate and Speedometer agrees with GPS Speed Indication and everything else is normal so what can be causing this??

Would replacing the ECM (Engine Control Module) fix this problem and would that also reset my Odometer back to Zero? Also My ST1300 is a Police Special and has a Governor limiting my Speed at 120Mph and I want to bypass it or have it removed. If I replace the ECM with a Unit from a Standard ST1300 Model would it be compatible and achieve the results of fixing my odometer problem and removing this Governor?

Many Thanks

Northern Dancer

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
It can be, and it's not hard to do, a matter of holding down a button to long. After the odometer and trip meter you'll see either a K or a M.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer

Northern-Dancer
Bike
ST1300PA Police
It can be, and it's not hard to do, a matter of holding down a button to long. After the odometer and trip meter you'll see either a K or a M.

Thank You Dave,David,

You were 100% right!! This is what had happened and You saved me a Lot of money and worry!

I quick research determined how this had happened see below:

Hold FCD/H for at least two seconds will change between miles and kilometers when ( FCD/H button has three modes) the mode set to "no display" (no icons).

So, set the display to no MPG info or blank, than hold the FCD/H for two seconds or so.

Now I will just have too live with this Governor issue limiting my speed to 120Mph Max -- it only happened to me twice as i don't normally ride this fast BUT once on a long Flat Highway with zero Traffic I decided to test top end. Scared the **** out of me in that it responded strong right to exactly 120 Mph by the GPS the started to miss and would not go faster. Thought I blew something -- got the courage to try it again and same thing happened -- then I decided to research the ST!300 Police Model only to find out there is a Governor that does this exact same thing.

Thanks Again,

Norther Dancer

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Thank You Dave,David,

You were 100% right!! This is what had happened and You saved me a Lot of money and worry!

Hold FCD/H for at least two seconds will change between miles and kilometers when ( FCD/H button has three modes) the mode set to "no display" (no icons).

So, set the display to no MPG info or blank, than hold the FCD/H for two seconds or so.

Now I will just have too live with this Governor issue limiting my speed to 120Mph Max -- it only happened to me twice as i don't normally ride this fast BUT once on a long Flat Highway with zero Traffic I decided to test top end. Scared the **** out of me in that it responded strong right to exactly 120 Mph by the GPS the started to miss and would not go faster. Thought I blew something -- got the courage to try it again and same thing happened -- then I decided to research the ST!300 Police Model only to find out there is a Governor that does this exact same thing.

Thanks Again,

Norther Dancer
My pleasure, happy I was right because it was a easy fix, and they don't come much cheaper, lol.
I'd guess the limiter is in the ECU, and these speed shops can rewrite them, but cost ya 1 or 2 hundred, worth it? I hit triple numbers often myself so maybe.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Thank You Dave,David,

Thanks Again,

Norther Dancer
It's been over a year sense this post, I assume you have learned about the "chip" they put in the P bikes?
I'd like to ask you about one or two of your farkels? Dave.

Top Bottom