Boots Forma Adventure Boots

crosari2

Toruk Makto
Bike
2000 ST1100
Anyone using this type of boot on their STs. Recently bought a pair and tried them on a couple of short rides. Love the boot and the protection they offer but I can't shift too well. Normally I have to plan my shifting, by angling the front of the boot down and out in order to shift up.Tried to raised the shift pedal a bit, still no difference. I was wondering if some has experience with this boot and can provide a solution. Hate to buy another pair with less protection.

Bike
ST1300@2009
I'm in the same sorry place, bought a pair of Forma adventure boots (brown), but they don't quite fit in the space to shift. I can use them pretty fine with my vstrom, I guess that is the whole idea of the boots i.e. adventure boots.

The aforementioned boots are:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRG3Y3G

I wonder if the shifter lever could be adjusted?

Last edited:
OP
OP

crosari2

Toruk Makto
Bike
2000 ST1100
I tried to adjust it but to no avail. It doesn't have enough space on the adjustment bar to allowed for the width of the toe of boot. I think the main problem with this boot is that the top of the boot interferes with the plastic and there's not enough flexibility on the lower part of the boot. Maybe it might break a bit with time.

Bike
2006 ST non abs
Well, that makes three of us. I have the short version and shifting truly is a pain. I'm hoping they break in soon. I too don't want to buy another pair of boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
The only thing I can recommend here is that in addition to adjusting the shift lever, I ended up installing goldwing rider pegs. The GL pegs sit slightly lower than the ST pegs and gave me just the right amount of clearance.

OP
OP

crosari2

Toruk Makto
Bike
2000 ST1100
Pumper316, can you define a bit. Rider as front/rear, 1200cc, 1500cc? Not too familiar with the different years Goldwings.

Top Bottom