Made it home... almost

Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
Went to Rolling Thunder last weekend. Started out Saturday riding up to DC, making the rounds to a couple of dealerships, Arlington National Cemetery, and out to dinner. Sunday started with staging at the American Legion, rode out to Patriot HD, and then to the Pentagon (all very close-quarter maneuvering). Rode in the rain for the parade, then headed home. All of this with only a few moments of "pucker" but managed to keep her upright. Got home and my wife's friend was parked in front of my side of the garage but i figured I could get by and turn into the garage. Boots were still a bit wet and the garage floor is painted. DAMN IT!

At least it wasn't in front of several hundred thousand HD riders and, thanks to that great Honda planning, no damage other than my back and pride having to pick the beast up. At 5'4" and 140lbs, this bike is a beast for me to lift.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
No, both wheels in the garage, I'd say you officially made it home.. that appears to be a purposeful maintenance tip over maneuver.

OP
OP
Cvillechopper
Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
No, both wheels in the garage, I'd say you officially made it home.. that appears to be a purposeful maintenance tip over maneuver.
I am going to go with that. I wanted to make sure that all gear was stowed appropriately and clean the underside after the ride in the rain. Makes sense to me. :)

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Welcome to the club. "We are legion."

IMG_0553.jpg
Lost Coast Highway (extended), just south of Honeydew, CA, WeSTOC Fortuna.
Bob Shelton in the red 'STich and me.

Edit: "a state of ignominious recumbence." - Steve Lambert STOC 30

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Consider how lucky you are that the bike did not make in in a couple of more feet before you slipped. Had that been the case, you might have damaged those nice flag poles on the back.

OP
OP
Cvillechopper
Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
Consider how lucky you are that the bike did not make in in a couple of more feet before you slipped. Had that been the case, you might have damaged those nice flag poles on the back.
I thought about that. Also, glad it wasn't a foot earlier or they would have put a few marks on our friend's car...

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
At 5'4" and 140lbs, this bike is a beast for me to lift.
I dunno which dimension is 5'4" but the bike weighs a LOT more than 140 lbs...

Glad you didn't scratch it up or bust sump'n.

I like the idea of laid over for bottom scraping. Sounds like a sailboat that way.

OP
OP
Cvillechopper
Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
Those are my dimensions. I figure some of those 6'4" 250lbs guys don't have quite as tough a time getting it uprighted...

I dunno which dimension is 5'4" but the bike weighs a LOT more than 140 lbs...

Glad you didn't scratch it up or bust sump'n.

I like the idea of laid over for bottom scraping. Sounds like a sailboat that way.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I figure some of those 6'4" 250lbs guys don't have quite as tough a time getting it uprighted...
I know the truth of that. Dropped mine at a gas station while maneuvering to talk to a Harley rider at the pumps. He immediately stopped his fill-up, walked over, bent down, and put my bike back on its wheels without so much as a grunt. And from the off-side, at that.

We did spend a few minutes chatting afterward- he was a real stand-up guy (pun intended) and a genuine pleasure to meet.

Bike
ST 1300 Honda
I hesitate to comment on this, because I don't want to jinx myself.... but in 10 years of owning my ST, never dropped it yet.... and I hope it stays that way ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom