Installing Air Duct Assembly

Bike
1993 ST1100
Does anyone have suggestions on installing the air duct assembly. It seems I'm a few hands short of keeping the rubber tubes in their groves in the carbs and then trying to line up the aluminum housing with the alignment pins. Both my Clymer's manual and a Honda service manual show the duct in the schematics but are way short of mentioning it in the instructions.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Is this the cool air duct from the front of the Bike?
I'm having trouble figuring out what you are talking about.

OP
OP
Bike
1993 ST1100
It's the assembly that is under the air cleaner. I removed it to spray the throttle and choke linkages with carb cleaner. Replacing it is not as easy as the removal. Sounds like the story of my life.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
It's the assembly that is under the air cleaner. I removed it to spray the throttle and choke linkages with carb cleaner. Replacing it is not as easy as the removal. Sounds like the story of my life.
You will struggle with that for hours, as I did once, until I read, can't remember where, that you need to loosen the carb bodies in relation to each other, before that "snorkel" assembly will easily remount to the carbs. So, if you have already put the carbs back on the bike, you need to take them off again, loosen the bolts that hold the carbs as a unit and then put the snorkel assembly back on, Then re-tighten the carbs as a unit and you are ready to put them back on the engine.

Top Bottom