High idle question rpm question. I'm

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Still not understanding why Honda hid the radiator cap under layers of plastic.
Where else could they put it? You shouldn't need to remove the cap except when replacing the coolant. Keep the recovery tank topped up and the system will suck in what it needs as it cools.

--Mark

Bike
2010 ST1300
Still not understanding why Honda hid the radiator cap under layers of plastic.
+1 What Mark said. Have you noticed that more than a few car radiators have caps that have shrunk in size and ease of removal over the years? It's been my understanding that we are supposed to top up the cooling system through the overflow tank.

I'm still not understanding why Honda chose to hide the whole bike under layers of plastic. :bow1:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I'm still not understanding why Honda chose to hide the whole bike under layers of plastic.
It looks better... have you seen the exposed ones.. I think they call them cruisers something... or a CTX... Actually Harley's look good exposed, as long as they are fully exposed. Fairing on a hog... yuck!

Bike
2010 ST1300
It looks better... have you seen the exposed ones.. I think they call them cruisers something... or a CTX... Actually Harley's look good exposed, as long as they are fully exposed. Fairing on a hog... yuck!
T_C, you're preaching to the choir. I love this bike. Pretty much everything about it - looks, reliability, wind protection, handling, performance, everything except the weight. Much of that, I think, comes from my lack of experience riding other bikes, and stepping up to the 1300 after an '84 Moto Guzzi. Nevertheless, yesterday, coming home from my Wednesday ride with a local club, I marveled, as usual, at the bike's smoothness running along at 70 or so and how it just seems capable of going on forever. Servicing the bike is a pita with the need to remove the fairing and keep track of all the pins and screws. And I agree with you about what new bikes look like. Hey, have you seen the front of all those Lexus' today? Darth Vader look? Where did THAT come from?

Oh, and I was paraphrasing Ozzie's comment....hence the laughing emoji.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Where else could they put it? You shouldn't need to remove the cap except when replacing the coolant. Keep the recovery tank topped up and the system will suck in what it needs as it cools.

--Mark
My V65 was exposed, and IMHO, that was a purty machine.....
I've thought about building a neck extension for the radiator, just not sure where I would route it to......

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #

--Mark
Unless you get a pinhole, then the whole top off the recovery idea goes out the window.....coolant is more dense than air, the system will draw air in through a pinhole before the system can pull coolant from the recovery bottle

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
My V65 was exposed, and IMHO, that was a purty machine.....
My V65S was GORGEOUS! As was my V1000F. I'd say overall that bikes that aren't going to be shrouded in plastic get more nicely finished engines. Those that are don't need and usually don't get that treatment.

The CB1100EX might be an example. I don't think the engine would have been as nicely detailed sealed in Tup.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
My V65S was GORGEOUS! As was my V1000F. I'd say overall that bikes that aren't going to be shrouded in plastic get more nicely finished engines. Those that are don't need and usually don't get that treatment.

The CB1100EX might be an example. I don't think the engine would have been as nicely detailed sealed in Tup.
I had the Magna. It ranks up their with the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen.

Top Bottom