New Tourer (Venture)

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: New Tourer announced today

The more I see that Venture the more I like it. SOME liquid-cooling would be nice though.
It does have SOME liquid cooling, as it is air/OIL-cooled. What I've read on Yamaha's website indicates that they never experienced any overheating problems during the bike's development and testing. It also has a "semi-dry sump" system which I'm not familiar with, but it places the oil pump somewhere other than the bottom of the sump, allowing it to be placed lower in the frame, thus lowering the CG. It also has some type of composite engine mounting, the first Yamaha V-twin that is not solidly mounted to the frame, to help reduce engine vibes from being coupled to the chassis. It is described as having very neutral handling characteristics and make it easier to handle at parking lot speeds. It also has all the farkling done to it at manufacture, all the way down to the all-LED lighting. The 2 mode ride-by-wire throttle control, cruise control, linked ABS, traction control, and TPM all standard, as well as the best (supposedly) infotainment system to ever be put on a motorcycle all adds up to a very tempting buy if I ever win the lotto, and feel inclined to get back into a full-touring motorcycle. I know it would be at or near the top of my list to consider. I was unable to find the MSRP of the latest K1600GTL, but I'm guessing there wouldn't be a significant difference if similarly equipped. The Yamaha has a much better dealer network than BMW has, I imagine.

All the above is the way I see it, JMHO.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

It's spoken for?
It is. I think it was a dumb thing to do to get a TV interview to confirm she was the winner. If I ever won that kind of money no one but my immediate family would ever hear about, not even ST-Owners.com. Especially not the latter, everyone here would want a new bike - lol!

Don B

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Don B said:
I think it was a dumb thing to do to get a TV interview to confirm she was the winner.
I've always wondered if some kind of publicity is required via the Fine Print. You want to make a big deal of the lottery paying off to get people to play.

I agree nobody but me Uncle Sam (sorry UP) and Jerry Brown would know. And if I could keep them from knowing... But you have to play first.

Top Bottom