New Tourer (Venture)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Re: New Tourer announced today

That Venture is as much a cruiser as is a Gold Wing. At 900+ lbs maybe even more so.

Bike
2004 ST1300

I'm at americade and it's here and it's pretty and big do t think your going to need to add much it's got
everything already

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300

Good Looking Venture Tourer. I mean they nailed it. But IMO it's too big, heavy, and pricey. Have no idea how smooth that BIG V-Twin will be cruising down the highway.
Never owned a Harley.
If U like that kind of riding, the GL-1800 is the way to go. How does the Venture weight (900 lbs.) compare to the new Goldwing ??

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR

46:

It ain't the years... it's the miles!

In another forum someone posted a very witty comment....."Yamaha hopes to sell a ton of them.....they'd only have to sell 2".

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

don't think your going to need to add much it's got everything already
But IMO it's too big, heavy, and pricey.
If Honda built a bike with automatic self-cancelling Bluetooth cruise control and everything else people have been saying should be on the next ST for the last 14 years, you'd get a big, expensive, 900-pound bike.

How does the Venture weight (900 lbs.) compare to the new Goldwing ??
957-963 pounds for the Yamaha and 904-933 for the Honda. Either makes the 730-pound ST svelte by comparison, doesn't it?

--Mark

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I'm at americade and it's here and it's pretty and big do t think your going to need to add much it's got
everything already
I gotta admit as much of a Honda fanboy as I am if a tourer was on my radar (and there was room for one) that Venture would at least get a test ride before buying a Wing. It's really sharp lookin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ8IfqL4zpw

Either makes the 730-pound ST svelte by comparison, doesn't it?
No they make the ST look nearly anorexic.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour

I like the looks a lot. Just can't get over a V-twin. :rolleyes: Don't like the way they look, sound or run. Put a real engine in it and it would be a winner. JMHO

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #

I saw it up at the Americade. I'd probably buy it over a Wing, although a liquid V4 would seal the deal. My Wing only has 85K on it, so I won't be in the market for a long time as it only gets ridden 2-up.

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #

The yamaha doesn't look like it weighs 900+, man thats HUGE. An air cooled V twin that big? I didn't read the stats, is the bike shaft or belt?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Belt. I like that. The engine is gorgeous. One you can actually look at. I just wish it were a 90º V-Twin.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

HEY LOOK

I got to sit on one of these beasts today, play with the switches, activate the forward and backward parking assist. It is a big bike and I am not a large person. At 5’6″ with a 26″ inseam I was surprised at how easy it was to throw my leg over the seat, I was able to heft it off the sidestand without getting a hernia, and was able to sit on the seat and flat foot it on both sides. That was amazing. It is a large motorcycle. Ergos felt good and the driver floorboards are long, the seat felt good. I imagine there will be people that will love this bike. Not my style though.

Saturday I will be attending Yamaha demo days and will be riding an FZ-10 and an FJR and probably a Bolt Scrambler ( you are allowed to ride 3).
They are more my style.(standards).

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

I will give them this: Other than being saddled with a V-Twin, it still looks like everything a modern cruiser/bagger should be. Nice color, too.

--Mark

Bike
2010 ST-1300

I saw the bike at Americade. Looked nice but I didn't get a chance to sit on it. V-twin motor kind of turned me off to it. I did ride a Tenere and a FZ-07 and was impressed by both. Last year I rode the FJR-1300, FJ-09 and the Bolt C. Bolt C was horrible but the other 2 were nice. FJ-09 would really get me into trouble.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

Demo days got rained out today. Boy it poured all day. Lots of flooding. I rode up but they weren't allowing test rides. They did sell one of these Venture Tourers at the shop today. The upscale model.

Going back up tomorrow to try and get some demo rides in.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #

HEY LOOK
Saturday I will be attending Yamaha demo days and will be riding an FZ-10 and an FJR and probably a Bolt Scrambler ( you are allowed to ride 3).

I know the American are good, but 3 at once, even Canadian are not that good

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy

A very Beautiful bike that has everything a new Wing should offer on it. I would prefer a water cooled V-4 over the air cooled V twin though.
The Wing is falling behind all the competition when it come to technology. I sure would like to see Honda upgrade the Wing. It is way past due for an upgrade.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

The more I see that Venture the more I like it. SOME liquid-cooling would be nice though.

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E

HEY LOOK

I got to sit on one of these beasts today, play with the switches, activate the forward and backward parking assist. It is a big bike and I am not a large person. At 5’6″ with a 26″ inseam I was surprised at how easy it was to throw my leg over the seat, I was able to heft it off the sidestand without getting a hernia, and was able to sit on the seat and flat foot it on both sides. That was amazing. It is a large motorcycle. Ergos felt good and the driver floorboards are long, the seat felt good. I imagine there will be people that will love this bike. Not my style though.

I
Do not try the Scrambler. Terrible bike. If you get the third bike try something else. One of my of manchild's friends rode at our demo
ride said it the worst bike ever.

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E

For coin they're asking, how about a K1600 GT or GTL. Nice bike and they brought back the reverse. Supposed to be much smoother.

Top Bottom