New Tourer (Venture)

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Re: New Tourer announced today

Another bike to walk by when at the dealer.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR

Yamaha must be taking cues from Honda all of a sudden, who is taking cues from Harley all of a sudden who is taking clues from Fred Flintstone Engineering, LTD.

Bike
GL1800-2012

Well, at 963 lbs, it will need the parking assist! Also, when it tips over, nothing to catch it's fall but bags and oil cooler scoops.
Very good point I didn't even consider that possibility. Things that make you go hhhmmmm hopefully they will work out something to deal with those tip overs to protect the Tupperware.:eek:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yamaha must be taking cues from Honda all of a sudden, who is taking cues from Harley all of a sudden who is taking clues from Fred Flintstone Engineering, LTD.
???? Honda hasn't introduced a new touring V twin cruiser in years and those are based on the VTX1300 motor that's 15 years old.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #

My dealer is telling me he thinks it's a V4 like the old Venture Royal
Wrong answer, it's a V-Twin:

STAR VENTURE

All‑New "top‑of‑the‑line" transcontinental tourer combines emotional V‑Twin performance with cutting‑edge comfort and technology

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #

just what we needed, another Harley without the emblem. :(

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

kendoo said:
Is it bad that I had to google Gal Gadot?
She's Israeli and probably has more time in the IDF than she does in movies so no it's not bad. I only know her from the Fast and Furious franchise.

Bike
ST1300

Yamaha is kicking the butt of Honda. Look at the comfort of the leg positions...adjustable screen... Honda had a good run, but it's over...they have derailed. I would buy a FJR if my ST gives out.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR

???? Honda hasn't introduced a new touring V twin cruiser in years and those are based on the VTX1300 motor that's 15 years old.
It's not so much about the motor as the malaise of yet another cruiser. My impression is that Honda is spending their time chasing the Harley Davidson cruiser market instead of doing what they do (or did) best, which was win on race day.

But, I can't really fault Honda or Yamaha: Old folks have the cash, and they want the cruisers.

Just not this particular old guy! :)

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300

That could be a long time. ST's last for eva.
So true, and mine was bought last August and I only have just over 20000 kms, 12000 miles on her and I love her. I did ride the FJR at demo days and she was a dream bike for sure.

Bike
2008 ST1300

It's not so much about the motor as the malaise of yet another cruiser...
Yes! Well said about the 'Merican Malaise Motorcycle Market.

But, I can't really fault Honda or Yamaha: Old folks have the cash, and they want the cruisers.
Yamaha's latest example proves it. Same old Rosie O'Donnell (air cooled V-twin), just in a new dress (gee whiz, electronic infotainment system).

Just not this particular old guy! :)
Old? Your profile lists 46. You and I are practically babies in certain motorcycle crowds. :lol:

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #

Gal Gadot? HUBBA HUBBA..... The new bike.....meh.... Now if it had 4 cylinders.......

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

Wrong answer, it's a V-Twin:

STAR VENTURE

All‑New "top‑of‑the‑line" transcontinental tourer combines emotional V‑Twin performance with cutting‑edge comfort and technology
yea even the dealers didn't know what to expect. I'll be talking to mine later today to see what he thinks.

and if 46 is old, I was old decades ago. What does that make me now? ancient? lol

Top Bottom