5 Day Tour of Colorado

Bike
05 ST1300 abs
I just finished leading a 5 day tour of Colorado with 10 members of the Jackson, MS Harley Owners Group..... HOG.

A link to the route is attached.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JrLjEFw73sCQtzj-CUCoCafbfrQ&usp=sharing

1110 miles total.

The basic route was:

DAY 1 Littleton, Garden of the Gods, Cripple Creek, Salida(overnite)

DAY 2 Monarch Pass, Gunnison, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Montrose(2 overnites)

DAY 3 Ouray, Durango, Dolores, Lizard Head Pass, Telluride, Montrose

Day 4 Delta, Hotchkiss, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, Wolcott, Steamboat(overnite)

Day 5 Rabbit Ears Pass, Kremmling, Granby, Grand Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Nederland, Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Golden, Littleton.

This is the 2nd time this group has visited...but only for 3 days....w/ all rides out of Littleton.

Everyone loved the route & scenic stops.

All of these guys are good riders. I had a riding buddy & my son helping me.

If you are planning a tour of Colorado, now is the time to do it. I have lived here 40 years & I have never seen the state more beautiful. We had a lot of rain & snow this spring. The mountains are loaded w/ snow & the lower elevations are the greenest ever!!

PS: My buddy & I have ST1300s, my son a Yamaha FJ1300. All 3 bikes were a dream to ride..smooth, quiet, refined & fast. I wanted to hug the Honda engineers who designed these jewels! On a few of the less traveled roads, I just got into the quiet "zone" for quite a few miles.

Needless to say, we kept all the HOG bikes behind us....most had these very loud Rinehart exhausts.

DAS

STOC #
wow, greener than the Colorado Rockies with jealousy. And where else can you ride 1100 mile and still miss so many great roads. 149 thru Lake City, 82 and Independence pass, 141 thru Delores Canyon, etc. etc. etc.

Bike
R1200rt
wow, greener than the Colorado Rockies with jealousy. And where else can you ride 1100 mile and still miss so many great roads. 149 thru Lake City, 82 and Independence pass, 141 thru Delores Canyon, etc. etc. etc.
plus 1

Top Bottom