Shad SH58X Top Case

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The Shad case looks like a fine product indeed!
That looks like it could go in the new GoldWing and look just fine. I don't care for the look of the small box and huge seat on the GWT so replacing it with that Shad would improve the looks (to my eye) and increase carrying capacity.

Maybe you could even store a leak-proof half-gallon of fuel on particular rides. Is there such a suitable container?

I'd just want more matching color on the box though.

Hi Tenny80, planning a long distance trip with my wife, do you have the case with backrest? any feadback?
Could you please post any pictures of the bike with this case? Thanks!

MattInDenver

Shall Be known as MattInMadison
Bike
2012 ST1300 2006 VFR
Hello I have a SHAD SH49 with backrest. It is a solid piece of kit. No leakage. The handle and locking mechanism works well. Scuff and scratches will show. I am not sure if I have any photos. I tried to post WP_20170423_10_38_31_Rich.jpgthem.. Hope they show. It will hold two helmets. I can't find a side shot. It does hang out a bit but not past the end of the bike. WP_20170423_10_38_13_Rich.jpg. Passengers like the backrest find it meets their back between shoulders and small of the back. Hope this helps. The one thing I don't like as a parting thought. The lid will not stay open. I need a dowel or something to hold it open or my forehead.

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The lid will not stay open. I need a dowel or something to hold it open or my forehead.
That used to be the way of car hoods. Then we got spring mechanisms. In true spare the rod-spoil the driver fashion a lot of cars have gone back to that.

You might be able to fashion a stay from one of the many variations of:

or use repurpose the tank stay under the seat. Or make a wedge from wood or plastic that straddles both the top and bottom edges of the Shad.

The first would be pretty slick though.

Reviving an old thread.. I just purchased the Shad SH58X top case but the bike specific mount is no longer available.. The Shad rep I spoke with stated the ST1100 mount (H0P15T) would be the closest fit but they haven't verified fit. My guess is if it was a direct fit it would have the same PN as the mount for the 1300. Has anyone had any luck with this? Worst case I modify the included mount to fit the bike but would rather use bike specific hardware if all possible..

Top Bottom