St1100 lower foot pegs

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I htought someone found the Goldwing 1800 pegs fit the ST1100. They will be wider and lower.

If those fit the the MCL ST1300 foot peg lowering brackets should too. The fixed lowering brackets are better then the adjustable and still allow the peg to raise when you reach your lean limit.

I'm on a 1300 and use both the Wing pegs and the brackets to get my legs extended and feet in a comfortable position for long rides. Well, they stay on even for short rides.

Bike
2012 ST1300P ABS
STOC #
Anybody tried these?

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/Honda/ST1100/Honda-ST1100-1-Front-Foot-Pegs.html

It was about the only option I could find for lowering the footpegs.
Having some problems with foot pain when riding.

The GL1800 footpegs fit with no modification, they lower the foot position an inch and they are wider which you may find more comfortable.

I had the MCL lowering brackets for a while. I didn't care for them as they place the foot position further out. The gear linkage can be adjusted, that didn't take long to get used to. The biggest problem I had was the brake pedal position. I had to twist my foot inwards and lift up my foot slightly to initiate braking. The brake pedal height can be adjusted but in my case I would've had to cut more threads on the brake linkage shaft in order to lower the pedal position which all in all wasn't worth it to me. I sold the MCL brackets and got a pair of GL1800 pegs and I'm very satisfied with them.

GL1800 footpegs can be purchased for around $30 generally

OP
OP
Bike
99 ST 1100 ABS/TCS
Is this the Oem pegs?
Honda part nr 50642-mca-305 and 50612-mca-305
I belive you, but looking at the pictures I can't see how they would be any lower.
would I need the brackets as well?

Bike
2012 ST1300P ABS
STOC #
Yes, OEM pegs, they will fit directly in place of the existing pegs, no modifications needed.

I went out and eyeballed the two ST1100's I have, 1 with the original ST1100 pegs and the other with the GL1800 pegs. The drop doesn't appear to be quite an inch, I took that dimension for face value from another forum thread I read regarding the replacement pegs.

I took a pic of each peg for reference if that helps. The first image is the ST1100 peg and the second the GL1800 peg. I can take more pics if that would help.

There is a set of GL1800 OEM pegs in CT for $15 for the set. They could be yours to try out for less than $25 once you add the shipping charges
https://hartford.craigslist.org/mpo/6157719205.html

IMG_7556.jpgIMG_7558.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
99 ST 1100 ABS/TCS
Thank you. The pictures were great.
I'll check if he'll be willing to ship to Norway.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I would be wondering if the gap between the front edge of the footrest and the gear lever would allow me sufficient room to tuck my foot under the lever
Remember that the GW peg is lower than it is farther forward (because of the width) so there's that. If you can get that size 12 in a heavy boot under the lever with the factory pegs then GW pegs very likely won't be a problem. I have to raise my foot to downshift with GW pegs where I didn't have to with the stockers.

Bike
2012 ST1300P ABS
STOC #
The gear shift linkage can be adjusted relatively easy, the lower cowl needs to be removed and then loosen the 2 locknuts on the threaded shaft. Turn the threaded shaft to adjust the shift lever up/down as needed and then tighten the locknuts.

Here is a link to a forum thread covering maintenance for the shift linkage with good pics of the linkage end to end. http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=1215.0

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
One caveat with the GW pegs and gigantapods might be the possibility of their boot toe to catch the pavement on an aggressive turn. Some adapting might be required.

I was going to add the MCL fixed lowering brackets to the Wing pegs but I think that would move my feet out from the bike more than I'd care for. But I'm happy with the pegs. They work well for me.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
GW pegs and gigantapods might be the possibility of their boot toe to catch the pavement on an aggressive turn.
Having the GW pegs and the MCL brackets I occasionally have this issue. I've just learned to make sure my toes are tilted up and the weight is off the inside leg... sometimes I even pick it up a bit if I'm really diggin in for a turn.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
T_C said:
Having the GW pegs and the MCL brackets I occasionally have this issue. I've just learned to make sure my toes are tilted up and the weight is off the inside leg... sometimes I even pick it up a bit if I'm really diggin in for a turn.
Improvise adapt and overcome! Well done. And I take it that the wider 'stance' of the Wing and MCL Combo doesn't feel awkward?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I take it that the wider 'stance' of the Wing and MCL Combo doesn't feel awkward?
For me, no. But I'm also a 36" inseam... and I never did re-adjust my brake or gear shift. Keep your calves in shape and your ankles flexible.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Yes, OEM pegs, they will fit directly in place of the existing pegs, no modifications needed.

I went out and eyeballed the two ST1100's I have, 1 with the original ST1100 pegs and the other with the GL1800 pegs. The drop doesn't appear to be quite an inch, I took that dimension for face value from another forum thread I read regarding the replacement pegs.

I took a pic of each peg for reference if that helps. The first image is the ST1100 peg and the second the GL1800 peg. I can take more pics if that would help.

There is a set of GL1800 OEM pegs in CT for $15 for the set. They could be yours to try out for less than $25 once you add the shipping charges
https://hartford.craigslist.org/mpo/6157719205.html

Digging up and old thread...

1" drop? The pics don't seem to show much of a drop at all. Are the pics misleading?

I'd like to drop the rider's pegs a bit on my '01 ST1100, so looking for options. TIA.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
Digging up and old thread...

1" drop? The pics don't seem to show much of a drop at all. Are the pics misleading?

I'd like to drop the rider's pegs a bit on my '01 ST1100, so looking for options. TIA.
I don't think it is an inch, but it is lower and the difference makes a difference in comfort without the ground clearance issues brought on my "lowered" pegs.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
I don't think it is an inch, but it is lower and the difference makes a difference in comfort.
I have both Paul. Very little drop. Wider, but really feels no different than stock.
There you have it Paul! Like every other question that appears on the internet, you get all of the possible answers to any question you can ask.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
There you have it Paul! Like every other question that appears on the internet, you get all of the possible answers to any question you can ask.
Thanks to both of you for confusing me! ;)

Sorry Lee, I'm leaning toward the "feels no different than stock" camp, based upon the pics and then Dean's reply. From the ST-Riders site, I found out about these adjustable lower pegs. I've sent an email to them to find out if any will fit the ST1100. Will update as I can. Let me know if there are other options out there.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks to both of you for confusing me! ;)

Sorry Lee, I'm leaning toward the "feels no different than stock" camp, based upon the pics and then Dean's reply. From the ST-Riders site, I found out about these adjustable lower pegs. I've sent an email to them to find out if any will fit the ST1100. Will update as I can. Let me know if there are other options out there.
Nothing to be sorry for. Just passing on my experience with them. I had the adjustables you linked on a Honda NC700x and the footrest portion is VERY small and narrow. Certainly the opposite direction from the GW footrests.

Top Bottom