Helibars exchange

Bike
2002 ST1100
Hi all,

Has anyone changed their stock bars to "Helibars"? After a short ride, l will have a pain in my lower back from not being able to sit more up right. A search came up with these bars and they look just right, but at $500.00 I want to find more about them. Any problems you have run in to. I read that you can no longer lock your handlebars to keep
someone from taking it. So any help would be great.

Thanks Lee.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Hi all,

Has anyone changed their stock bars to "Helibars"? After a short ride, l will have a pain in my lower back from not being able to sit more up right. A search came up with these bars and they look just right, but at $500.00 I want to find more about them. Any problems you have run in to. I read that you can no longer lock your handlebars to keep

Thanks Lee.
I like the riser option. I added two risers, 2.5 inches, without having to change wires or clutch/brake lines. I did rerun throttle cables a different way, same way as if adding the Helibars. Helped me straighten out my back.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I like the riser option. I added two risers, 2.5 inches, without having to change wires or clutch/brake lines. I did rerun throttle cables a different way, same way as if adding the Helibars. Helped me straighten out my back.
Shot, I just noticed you are working with the 1100 and I did this work to my 1300 so I can't say if it would work the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bike
92 ST1100
I had the earlier style of Heli-Bars on my 92 ST. They were fully adjustable at each direction change and allowed infinite positioning. Originally, I had 3" risers with original bars prior to Heli-Bars. The new model of those bars just doesn't allow for the adjustment locations. Which yr./model are you speaking of, as your sig. not showing that?

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Sorry for the lack of info. I have a 2002 ST 1100.
Look for a used set of the original 1100 HeliBars, or try 2" Rox risers. Both have worked well for me. No problem with locking the bars though (???) as both options still allow full lock to lock steering and only some re-routing of cables/hoses required, without even detaching any of them.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I also needed a set of risers to get a more comfortable riding position, so I made a set of home-brew risers for my bike. This meant I needed longer brake & clutch lines , but since the bike still had the original lines, I was due for a new set. I had Brake Material and Parts in Ft. Wayne, Indiana make a new set identical to the OEM set, but 4 inches longer. And I had to lengthen both of the handlebar switch cables.

Risers.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I have the latest Helibars on my ST1100, and I didn't have to lengthen anything except install the brake line extension that was provided.

Looks like the ST1100 Helibars are being discontinued, but they have come out with a new bar for the 1300 that is very similar to the latest Helibar for the 1100.

Hi all,

Thanks Lee.
I put the Helibar risers with Powerlet and Ram mount on my ST1300P. Worked great with no cable change, but it is possible that the Police model, which already comes with a short riser, had longer cables. Someone else may know. I love the position, which is just a bit forward, and the accessories are great. GPS on the Ram mount, tank bag with pass through SAE plug installed in front and accessories plus on the inside for phone power and misc. Hard to access under tank, which hits handlebars when lifted. This is aggravated by the longer Police switch pod right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom