Wierd headlamp issue

Hi all

Jus read a thread concerning headlight failures ad how cleaning out switches and re-lubricating them seems to cure the issue, but mine is slightly different and I wonder if anyone else has come across it.

On an entirely intermittent basis I lose my Left hand headlamp. The RH one remains fully functional in al respects, Main/ Dip and Flash all work, but the Full beam lamp on the console is lit...

And then I get home, decide to have a look and it is all magically back to normal...

I'm going to get some contact cleaner and grease tomorrow, but has anyone any experience of similar?

Steve

Bike
ST1300 (2004)
It's a problem somewhere with the jack and the wire behind the bulb. Try to move just a litle with the fingers the jack itself and touch the wires behind him, the problem will be solved for sure. I had the same issue on ST1300. When the weather be cooler I must to check what's the really cause and to fix that... to lubricate or something else.

Послато са SM-A500H уз помоћ Тапатока

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I had the connector for one of them (I think it was the left) go south and it made the light work intermittently, probably because the ground went bad. When the light was out, you could reach behind it and give the connector a jiggle and it would either flicker a bit when it made contact or go on and stay on for awhile. Ultimately, I replaced the plastic connector with a ceramic one and everything's been fine since.

Before going that route, you might swap the bulbs and make sure it isn't one of them on the way out.

--Mark

Top Bottom